so when i took mindee C home i took it to show mum,

she only half read it before putting it away and said

oh thats nice :rolleyes:

honestly why do we bother??

:angry:

Mouse
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
That is a real shame.

It is a lot to take in though, so perhaps she'll have a better read when you give her a copy and she can read it at leasure.

I have to say, the parents I have at the moment are all fab. They couldn't wait to get a copy of my report & made such lovely comments (so I know they had actually read it!)

avril
03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
x2 of my parents are teachers so appreciate what ofsted and the report mean the other well I supose hasn't a clue to say it nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I know where you are coming from:(

miffy
03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Perhaps you should show it us instead :)

I know what you mean though, the only parent who was bothered about mine was an ex-parent and she rang me up and sent me a card.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
How sad for you. I photocopied mine and gave them all to the parents. you never know whether they read them or not. But I was still proud of myself.

Be proud!!!!!

ORKSIE
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I gave my parents a copy of my report. some showed a lot of interest, others didnt. whatever floats their boat:D

Hebs
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Perhaps you should show it us instead :)

i will as soon as it goes online :thumbsup:

cher25
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
It's a brilliant report! Well done! :)

angeldelight
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Well our comments will be better so I would not worry about it

Angel xx

FussyElmo
04-07-2009, 06:56 AM
x2 of my parents are teachers so appreciate what ofsted and the report mean the other well I supose hasn't a clue to say it nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I know where you are coming from:(

Now my parents are teachers but weren't bothered about the report as they said they wanted to see me not my paperwork. Dont think I have ever had a parent read it:)

peanuts
04-07-2009, 06:57 AM
i give parents a copy to read at their leisure. or you cound direct them to your report on the web if you want to save paper., but then again they might not read it if in is not in front of them.

Daftbat
04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I gave my parents a copy and i don't know really whether they read it or not.

If it makes you feel better i gave mine to my hubby to read and he skimmed over it, put it down and admitted that he hadn't read it properly!:mad: I was really cross and pointed out to him that he more than anyone knew how much effort i had put in to things and insisted he sat down and read it in front of me.:D

beckyteddy
05-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I gave my report to a parent and she groaned really loudly and then said "oh no, do I have to read it?" It was as if I'd set her some extra homework or something! I have to admit she does sometimes put little notes for me in her son's daily diary to say I'm doing a "cracking job" but I guess reading reports is just not her thing!!