PDA

View Full Version : What my inspector liked

singlewiththree
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Well my inspector liked similar things to most. We didn't get much time to talk as my two were playing up a bit (although my 4yr old hugged the inspector :) and the mindee toddler was very hyper and hitting and throwing all morning.

SEF - she said it was very comprehensive and basically agreed with everything on it and used it mainly for the inspection seeing as she was only here 1 1/2hrs. I graded myself good and satisfactory for working with parents which she felt was well under and graded me outstanding on it.

She loved the displays on my walls, the set up of the toys and the general layout. She said I used the space effectively as we played outside until the torrential rain, when it was just spitting I just put their raincoat and wellies on and we stayed outside :laughing:

She liked the way I do a termly newsletter with our plans for this term and tailor it to each child with the 6 areas of learning and what the child has done and a photo. However she recommended I also do a termly report and get parents comments/signatures.

She recommended that I do weekly planning. At the moment I have long term planning for festivals/events and daily planning for each child. She said I need a weekly planned activity and link it to the 6 areas of learning.

She asked my daughter what she was going to have for lunch and all she got was a "dont know" lol

I didn't have any planned activities for the children however I did have out the tray with ice-cubes with mini beasts frozen inside and also the water tray with paint brushes. We had walked home from school along the canal watching the fish come to the surface to eat so we got out the fishing sets and games when I got back. So when the inspector arrived and commented on the toys/garden I explained why those toys were out.

She just asked me lots of questions like "what did my husband do" for those of you who know me know I'm divorced! She asked me what my previous experience was (all in my sef!) and what qualifications I had (again in my sef) I've since found some of her other inspections and she hasn't given anyone a complete outstanding. Lots of satisfactories and goods with 1-2 outstanding elements so maybe she is one of those that doesn't.

She mainly read the paperwork, drank her coffee and asked me whether I liked being a childminder and how on earth I managed with my hectic life, did I get on well with my family, did I get any help!, did I get time off to do what I want to do and that I should take on social services children, join the network and then leave and become a teacher :rolleyes:

Polka Dots
03-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your top tips Paula!

angeldelight
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
You did really well

Thanks for the tips Paula

Angel xx

katickles
03-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

wendywu
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Cheeky Mare i am suprise that she did not give you tips on how to pick up a new husband:panic:

mayberry
04-07-2009, 05:33 AM
thank you for sharing well done :clapping:

sarah707
04-07-2009, 07:40 AM
She sounds chatty!

Thank you for the tips and well done again! :D

Heaven Scent
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Cheeky Mare i am suprise that she did not give you tips on how to pick up a new husband:panic:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or perhaps how to be a better daughter/sister/mum!!!

~Well there you go you are in the wrong job - bet that makes you feel brill!!!

Anyway congratulations on your brilliant results

LOOPYLISA
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Wow great :clapping:

She sounded a nosey so and so though :D

mrs c
05-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Yes, she does sound chatty - well done though :clapping:

Theos mum
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
You did well! I have my first ofsted inspection the second week in August! Thanks for posting what happened at yours,it is really helpful to those of us waiting for the visit!

zillervalley
07-07-2009, 05:33 PM
well done to you, ziller