PDA

View Full Version : Very slim learning journey

FizzysFriends
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
A have a LO for an hour and 15 mins twice a week, I collect him from pre-school he falls asleep before we are the end of the school drive and wakes when mom rings the door bell.

His learning journey is very slim, I have him 5 hours twice a week in the holidays so most things are from then, but he's only been with me 2 holidays so far.

Will it matter that its small? I can't do obs whens asleep, I have got some comments from mom, no response to form to pre-school.

singlewiththree
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I only have a child once a week and his learning journey isn't huge. The inspector understood this. What you could do is put a note of his schedule in the front of his folder so that if you are busy during the inspection they can see how little time you have together.

sonia ann
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
i have a baby one day a fortnight between 8-5, her LJ folder is very slim but I try to do i obs every time she attends at the moment because they change so quickly at this age , i also make good use of photos as they show how quickly she is growing and developing. But i agree it is difficult when they attend for such a short period of time especially if they are asleep like yours:) another of my mindees comes 3 afternoons for 3 hours.....she sleeps for 2hrs out of the 3, take away another 1/2 hr for the school run and theres not much time for anything else:)

ORKSIE
03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
You cant make it up:huh: so you can only work with the time you have the LO:)

katickles
03-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I would attatch a copy of your routine in the front of the file as above ^^

Like you say - in such a short space of time & in which the child's sleeping there's not much you can observe.

sarah707
04-07-2009, 07:44 AM
I use routines to explain why some learning journeys are slim and others fatter as well. :D

sonia ann
04-07-2009, 08:39 AM
I use routines to explain why some learning journeys are slim and others fatter as well. :D

so do you do a routine specific for that individual child ie stating times and days the child comes, sleeps , groups etc and keep with their folder updating as necessary? I suppose I know it in my head but a good idea to have it written down as evidence if the LJ is a little sparse:clapping:

sarah707
04-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes that's exactly what I do... I share it with parents every term or so as another way of evidencing working in partnership as well.

When a child first starts with me, I give parents a routine for the days they are here - free play / outings / meal times etc.

Then when parents add their input I update it as necessary.

It helps meet the Eyfs requirement of sharing children's activities with home :D