PDA

View Full Version : Child Protection Question

emler
18-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I am still making my way through my self assessment and I have a question for you all.....
Are the children in your care aware of your child protection statement and if so how have you made them aware of the statement?

At the moment only the parents of the kiddies I mind are aware of my Child Protection policy, procedures and training. The kiddies I mind are all under 5 apart from one 8 year old. I'm really not sure how much they would understand

Emler x

miffy
18-02-2008, 01:32 PM
You must be tearing your hair out with this!

Depends what you've got in your statement. Mine says this
will discus with each child, according to their age and level of understanding, procedures that I follow which are intended to safeguard them, eg. why they may not go home with a school friend unless this has been agreed beforehand with their parents: why they must not talk to strangers etc

Don't know if that's on the right lines or not

Miffy xx

emler
18-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I am pulling my hair out Miffy - will be bald very soon!
Thank you for that -I think I might update my Child Protection Policy.

Emler x

miffy
18-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Never mind Emler nearly finished

Miffy xx

deeb66
18-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Mine is much the same as Miffy's -

Just basically talk to the children about stranger danger and going off with other adults without checking first even if the adult is already known to the child.

Also that they should really tell an adult if someone does something to them that they don't reeally like......like touching or cuddling...............obviously this does depend upon age as a younger child wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about

I hope youg et it all finished soon Emler!

sarah707
18-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Of course you share Child Protection with children - every time you tell them to stay close to you, not to run into the road, beware of strange dogs / people, read 'Hansel & Gretel' or similar books, talk about being safe with safe people, give them the right to say 'no', explain to them that you will never hit them...

All I can think of just now but I'm sure there are lots more instances! :D