PDA

View Full Version : Pre Reg Worries

LaylaB
03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Hello :)

Ive been planning off and on for months for doing my pre reg and i think im just about ready. However i really feel the inspector will sort of find faults, if they find something they aren't happy with do you have the opportunity to sort it out or does that mean you have to start again?

Also, this was an old rumour id been told and a few people had said to ignore it, but is there any truth in the tale that OFSTED wont allow children to be sleeping upstairs?

thanks

Minstrel
03-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Please don't worry too much about the pre-reg. They are there to help you and give you advice on how to get the most out of your home and make it safe etc. They will advise you at the time of anything that MUST be done and may give you an action date to have it done by. Also anything you will have in place doesn't actually need to be there as long as you tell your inspector what you have planned, that will be fine.

With regards to sleeping upstairs, they can as long as you have the rooms upstairs registered for use. Some childminders don't have bedrooms etc registered and these are the people who can't use them. This may have been where the rumour you heard had started.

And finally good luck!

jibberjitz
03-07-2009, 08:04 PM
It is worrying when you dont know what to expect but they are there to support you as well as anything else. If things need doing in your setting (ie. safety) then they will advise you. They will ask you about the welfare requirements and EYFS so I would just read up plenty before hand.
Good luck and let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

chewy sweets
04-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello :)

Ive been planning off and on for months for doing my pre reg and i think im just about ready. However i really feel the inspector will sort of find faults, if they find something they aren't happy with do you have the opportunity to sort it out or does that mean you have to start again?

Also, this was an old rumour id been told and a few people had said to ignore it, but is there any truth in the tale that OFSTED wont allow children to be sleeping upstairs?

thanks

I know how you feel! I've got my pre reg next week and i'm really nervous. I'm planning on having a sleep room registered upstairs so we'll see what they say about that. Will let you know next week. My inspections on wednesday. Let you know then!

FizzysFriends
04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
They are'nt there to find fault, nor will they make you start again. They will discuss anything they recommend you do and anything they insist you do the house will be given an action, you can then discuss a time frame with them for this.

The inspectors are only human and really are there to help.

LaylaB
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Thank-you all for reassurance :) it is a bit scary but i'm sure it'll go fine...it was mainly the having to start over that was concerning me, i couldn't really picture what you would do if they found faults.

Also, i was talking to an already registered childminder who said that she has a pond in her garden (which i do not, but as an example) and the inspector wouldnt register it because of it (im assuming it wasnt covered)...but if say like in this example they decide that 'x' area can't be in your registration can you call them back one day to see if they'll accept alterations?