PDA

View Full Version : how long do they last????

chewy sweets
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Pre Reg Visits- how long do they usually last???
I have no idea and have mine next wednesday. The reason i'm asking is my mum is having my little one that morning but she has an appointment in the afternoon. The inspector is due with me at 9.15 am. What time do you think we should be finished by??
Anyone who's had a pre reg lately would be really interested to hear how long yours took!
Many thanks:thumbsup:

Adiamond
03-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi, I had my pre-reg back in February and my inspector was here for 2 1/2 hours.
HTH and good luck with your registration :) x x x

HENNY
03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
I had my pre reg meeting last august and it lasted for 2 and a half hours.I think the longest time they last is about three hours -The inspector told me that it would be about 3 hours.:D

Alz
03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for asking this....worth knowing, need to pack my LO off to Granny's when Mrs Ofsted is here me thinks!! Good luck for wednesday though!!! :thumbsup:

manjay
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Remember CSSIW do work differently than OFSTED;) My pre reg took about 2 hours but she was doing dh and me at the same time! She said that was quick as I had completed a very comprehensive Part 2. In contrast my actual inspection took just over an hour!

tulip0803
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Remember CSSIW do work differently than OFSTED;) My pre reg took about 2 hours but she was doing dh and me at the same time! She said that was quick as I had completed a very comprehensive Part 2. In contrast my actual inspection took just over an hour!

Oh Boy that was quick! I had the same pre-reg insp as Katie is having and she was here 4 hours:eek: . But they had been given a new registration interview form and it was the first time she had used it so it slowed her down. It didn't feel like 4 hours though it flew by.

manjay
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Oh Boy that was quick! I had the same pre-reg insp as Katie is having and she was here 4 hours:eek: . But they had been given a new registration interview form and it was the first time she had used it so it slowed her down. It didn't feel like 4 hours though it flew by.

Think mine was in a rush. She had a cancelled appointment and phoned to ask if it was OK if she came in the next half an hour:eek:

Gizmo
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
my first visit was about 2 1/2 hours and he met dh at the same time but scotland is different as well

chewy sweets
03-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks- damn was hoping it would only be 15 mins! lol -(i wish!!!!!):laughing:

Tatjana
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Mine was 1.5hrs, but he said because i'd done so much paperwork, policies etc he didn't need to ask me as much as he could take answers from there!

You'll be just fine!

xx

jibberjitz
03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Mine lasted 3 hours :eek:
Good luck with it :thumbsup:

nannymcp
06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Mine lasted about 4 hours - very thorough, but didn't feel like that. If anything they said I'd overprepared and they were very encouraging - much less onerous than I expected:)

guest3
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I've just had a call from Ofsted tonight to say they're coming to do my inspection next Monday.....help, I'm starting to panic already!

Wendy x:panic:

brightstar
06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Mine was about 3 hours last October (CSSIW)

mississmoomoo
06-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Pre Reg Visits- how long do they usually last???
I have no idea and have mine next wednesday. The reason i'm asking is my mum is having my little one that morning but she has an appointment in the afternoon. The inspector is due with me at 9.15 am. What time do you think we should be finished by??
Anyone who's had a pre reg lately would be really interested to hear how long yours took!
Many thanks:thumbsup:

My Ofsted inspector told me it should last for around 2 -2 1/2 hours. I have got my visit tomorrow at 9.30.

Im getting nervous