PDA

View Full Version : He's fallen asleep

Jen4Kids
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
20 mins before school run begins :panic: He fell asleep at 5pm yesterday when mum collected at 5.35pm and wasnt best pleased, so hopefully this will go down better with her! He fell into a really deep sleep yesterday so im hoping i can pop him straight into the pushchair and he stays asleep - need to change his nappy first though cause it wont last the journey :blush:

This is my first friday working since i started in March and ive really enjoyed having time with K (2yrs) whilst my dd was at preschool and having no other mindees here :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I always pop them in the buggy if we're due to go out and they look tired... hope you can change him without him noticing!

I find telling them what you are doing and talking quietly helps! :D

ZoeAlli
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Hope you manage to transfer them without waking them. Speaking softly and queitly tends to do it with my lo's, I have even managed to change a nappy whilst doing this and the child sleeping.
All the best:)

Zoe

Jen4Kids
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
:D Well i changed his nappy, carried him to the pushchair, put his shoes on, strapped him in, walked to school, collected my older 3, and ran back cause it started raining (no raincover with me)

And he is still asleep :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jen4Kids
03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
:laughing: He stayed asleep (despite me getting him out of pushchair on putting him on the couch) I had to wake him when mum collected at 5.45pm :eek: My dd snuggled up and fell asleep too so its been a quiet few hours

Tatjana
03-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds like he was well and truly played out, bless!

xx

Deb
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Crumbs, I wouldnt have been best pleased if I was Mum either - that amount of sleep will seriously distrupt his night sleep. What age is he?

Minstrel
03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Crumbs, I wouldnt have been best pleased if I was Mum either - that amount of sleep will seriously distrupt his night sleep. What age is he?

not necessarily- my son is 3 in a couple of weeks and although he doesn't have a nap most of the time, when he does it will often be for around 3-4 hours, and he'll still go to bed at 7 and sleep through till morning!!

Unusual maybe but i believe that if they sleep that much they obviously need it!

Princess Sara
03-07-2009, 07:43 PM

I don't beleive that too much sleep during the day will effect the night time sleeping of a lo. DS1 never napped during the day and became overtired and found it hard to get into the deep sleep that you need during the night to keep you asleep for long periods of time. DS2 however will happily sleep from 11am til 2:30pm and still go to bed at 7pm until 7am.

I'm sure studies have shown that daytime naps and a calming bedtime routeen is best for a lo, whereas limited naps or none at all have negative effects.

Saying this however, having a nap at 5-6pm will probably push back the 7pm bedtime a bit!

singlewiththree
04-07-2009, 03:53 AM
I had that with my children. My eldest never napped and hardly slept at night very unsettled. Daughter No2 and 3 both liked 2hrs + naps and slept all night. weird isn't it.

Jen4Kids
05-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi, he is 2yrs 8mths. His mum said he sleeps for 2hrs every afternoon, but she didnt say what a heavy heavy sleeper he is :eek: :laughing: