PDA

View Full Version : Had my pre-reg visit....

applesmum
18-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi All
Had my pre-reg visit today - I think it went ok in the most part however they have said that my application has been refered to the GP panel as I declared that I suffered from Post Natal Depression for a short time after my DD arrived last year. Now I'm concerned that all is going to come to a grinding halt because of it?
Can anyone advise me as to whether this is likely to stop my application progressing?
The inspector said that following a negative decision I may just be advised to reapply in 6 months and it might just be a concern because it was within the last 12 months?
Who knows... so I'm feeling a little down-beat now and I was really thinking I would be so excitied as it was going to be another hurdle completed!!! :(

Never mind - hopefully I'm worrying un-necessarly!!!!

X X X

miffy
18-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Don't worry too much - there have been other discussions about this in the past on here and I'm sure someone with more experience of this will be able to advise you

Miffy xx

tinytigers
18-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Hello

Have you asked your doctor for advice. The only reason I have asked is because I suffer with mild anxiety and have been on a very mild antidepressant for a few months and I am fine. I was worried whether it would affect my registration and the doctor has advised me that it wont. They said that Ofsted are looking at everything as a whole and as long as they can see that you have a stable home and happy children and can meet all the standards it should all be ok.

Hopefully the same would apply to you and hopefully my doctor is right.

Thanks

sarah707
18-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I would talk to your doc and see what s/he has said... there is a question on the enhanced form which asks something like... do you think this person will be able to cope with a house full of small chidren all day...? Depends on what the doc's reply is.

You have a right to see the form before it goes off, so ring asap and ask! :D

deeb66
18-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes I agree.....do contact your doctor and see what information has been given.

Hopefully everything will be alright - Try not to worry too much

tulip0803
18-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I agree check with your doctor. I was referred to the doctors panel before I originally registered in 2001 because of my asthma (relatively mild). I know it's not quite the same but the doctors cleared me. I think they are just extra vigilant to cover themselves in case something happens. I'm sure they ask for your own doctor's report as well, long time ago memory failing!!

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know).

Juliaxx