PDA

View Full Version : Help am now confused

geordiebunny
03-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Got a call from my inspector advising she has had fire service report. She says all is fine and that she has given me an action for not having mains fitted fire alarms yet(i am registering for overnight care) and when I get them done I need to write to her. Does this mean I will not become registered before I get them done? Am really confused as I can't afford to get them done at the minute or more like I have just found out that my dad can fit them but will need another electrician with upto date qualifications to sign them off.

Thought it was going all so well after my Dr gave me a glowing report stating that childminding is the best thing to help me with my depression.

Daftbat
03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
I am afraid that yes you will not be able to do overnight until the action has been addressed. This all seems so unfair as i have heard on this forum about other Ofsted areas being happy with battery fitted smoke alarms where as mine was the same as you and i had to have it wired in to the existing ones via the mains.

Blackhorse
03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know about england, but I know in scotland you cannot get registered at all without mains fitted smoke alarms (even for day care only)

hope you'll get it sorted out soon!

AliceK
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi
Did she not give you a timescale with the action? I thought they usually give a timescale

xxxxxxx