PDA

View Full Version : Anyones know about transferring between England and Wales?

Helski
03-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Hello there,

I have done a bit of childminding in England and we're now looking to relocate to South Wales where I hope to set up again as a childminder.

I see that it's not Ofsted goverened but CSSIW, I can't find a number for them anywhere - does anyone have one? Also the number I have for NCMA just rings and rings and then cuts off.

I wonder if I'll have to start again or can I transfer my existing qualifications? I did first aid course, and my first childminding course (kind of a general introduction really)

Also, can I childmind from a rented property? We'll be renting for 6 months till we get settled probably.

Thanks so much for reading.

Polly2
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi
I am in S Wales

I have the number for CSSIW that deals with monmouthshire if that is any good also the ncma number cardiff.

CSSIW:01495 761200
ncma cardiff 0845 8801299

not sure if you have to do icp again but the cssiw will let you know or ring your local council where you are.

I live in a rented house and had no probs getting registered you just have to have a letter of consent from your landlord.

Hope this helps

manjay
03-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Forum member Tulip moved from England to Wales so she may be able to answer some more questions. In my experience CSSIW want different things in different areas s you are probably best getting in touch with the office that governs where you are thinking of moving to. You should find contact details here (http://wales.gov.uk/cssiwsubsite/newcssiw/aboutus/contactus/location/?lang=en)

hth

chewy sweets
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm in south wales too! Where abouts are you moving to? I'm under Carmarthenshire and the cssiw office phone nuber for carms is 01267 223402
and welcome to the forum!:thumbsup:

tulip0803
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi

I moved from England to Wales and I had to re-register from the beginning even had to attend a breifing session to tell me about childminding. They did contemplate making me do the ICP course again but eventually decided that it was fine. The registration process is different and the standards in Wales are different but a lot is the same.

You have to submit your policies and evidence with you application forms, then CRB checks (you will need new ones) and then when everything has been checked and all your refs, social services checks, health stuff has come back then they arrange a pre-reg insp. The CSSIW say they aim to register new childminders in 6 months my reg took 11 months from submitting forms. They also wanted my inspection reports.

Each area has a different CSSIW office there is no central number, so it depends where you are moving to. Your 1st aid will be fine (as long as it is within 3 years) as at the moment they do not stipulate the 2 day course just child related first aid. No EYFS in Wales either.

There is no problem minding from rented premises as long as you have written permission from the land lord, you have to submit it with your application.

Where are you thinking of moving to?