PDA

View Full Version : help with doing accounts

mozarella
03-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I am trying to log the june months in my NCMA accounts book, it is the first time so a bit confused.

Do you have to put the children on separate line for food, i mean they eat the same and I buy for them fish fingers etc which we do not eat ourselves. Can I just put the price of the packet next to their names? the same with toys, can I just put their name on same line and put the toy price or does it has to be one child's name for 1 toy

Hope you understand what I mean

Mozarella

rickysmiths
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi.

I use the NCMA books. I go though my food reciepts and add up all the meat/fish, veg/friut, milk bread etc for the week and put in the totals no mention of the children.

I know some people prefer to work out the cost of a meal and then enter x amount for x breakfasts/lunches/teas/snacks. I still wouldn't name the children but you would note the number of meals produced.

It is good practice to keep all food reciepts for 3 months even the ones under £10 for food hygiene purposes. In some areas they insist on this so food can be traced.

Tired
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I just look at the weekly shopping bill, highlight each item used for child minding, and then add them up. If it is something that the family will use too, such as orange juice, I guestimate how much would be used by the children, e.g half, and use that amount.
Then i put that total into the food and drink box against the day I did the shopping. I do not allocate it to individual children.

sonia ann
03-07-2009, 05:38 PM
the same with toys, can I just put their name on same line and put the toy price or does it has to be one child's name for 1 toy

I don't understand what you mean....if you buy a toy you just write what you've bought in the details column and the price under the toys /equipment column ,...it doesn't have to be linked to a child:)

Mollymop
03-07-2009, 06:04 PM
it is YOUR book - Your accounts book, do it as uyou want. As long as you can work it out at the end of the tax year it is fine. That is what it is there for.

Weekly - the first column, looks like this in my book

E, A, T, L then where it says food/drink i put - 3, 3, 1, 1 (pounds worth of food I estimate they consume on that day - "E" has breakfast and tea so I put her down everyday as 3, = £3

tues - E, T and then in food and drink I put - 3, 1

Wednesday - E, T, L, A - in food and drink I put - 3, 1, 1, 3,

I hope you understand what I mean

Then in the equipment, etc, I just write in on "any day of that week/page" what I have bought that week.

it really doesn't matter where you write anything, as long as you can work itout yourself at the end of the month and tax year etc. if it makes sense to you then it is fine!!!

mozarella
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
thanks, where i was getting confused was because on the template of the book they put child's name and food allocation for that week. I was not sure whether I had to do exactly the same or not

Mollymop
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
thanks, where i was getting confused was because on the template of the book they put child's name and food allocation for that week. I was not sure whether I had to do exactly the same or not

No you don't. I see what you mean though.

Happy accounting!!!!:)

katickles
03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I write my mindee's names & then food costs - but that was due to having part timers, full timers & after schoolers & thats what worked better for me.

As for any toys or equipment - just write a brief description, eg ball & then in the right sections its cost - 99p

Its not that bad at all once you get into it.

Just a little tip that helps me loads!!! I staple all relevant receipts to each page that way if I am ever investigated the reciept is there to hand :D

sonia ann
04-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Just a little tip that helps me loads!!! I staple all relevant receipts to each page that way if I am ever investigated the receipt is there to hand :D

I do the same...it is so easy to check that way:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
I work out the cost of food and just enter 1 figure in each week. I do not list the children and their costs. Less paperwork the better!

As for toys - add them up for the week and put in 1 figure too., if you are keeping all the receipts you will be able to justify. Put the total on the top of the receipts you are adding up and staple them together

Another tip: when shopping keep your car parking receipt until you have logged it into your accounts. You will know when and where you went and it will prompt you to those little items that you brought.