PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming tomorrow yikes!!

sophiestars
02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Got the call on Wednesday, the inspector sounds really lovely. She was already reassuring me on the phone and saying not to panic, we will chat and put the world to rights and she will watch me with the children and join in too! She also said she is a human being too and she's just doing her job!!

The only thing is I told her I hadn't finished transferring my SEF onto the computer and she said don't worry I don't have to do it . But when I said I would get as much on there as possible she said she would download it tonight and use it for bedtime reading (:eek: )So there I was on there until 1am this morning doing it

BUT

I have just logged on to just tick the last few things and submit and the bleeping site is down.:angry: What do I do now? The written version I have is nowhere near as good as the version I have done online with the help of Sarah's ebook (thank you Sarah!!!!) and of course I stupidly haven't saved it anywhere else because I was virtually cross-eyed by the time I gave up on it last night. Do you think I would be able to show her it on the computer tomorrow if the site is up again? I could cry I have worked so hard on it

miffy
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to show her on the computer or if not she will be able to view it when she gets back to the office.

Can't you print a copy off the computer before you submit it? I'm sure the site will be back up soon.

Good luck with your inspection it sounds as though your inspector is very nice.

Miffy xx

angeldelight
02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Good luck with your inspection

Angel xx

Polka Dots
02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow, considering you were only registered in March the inspection seems very quick. I've been predicting my inspection to be around September time (got me worried now).

Good luck for tomorrow :)

HENNY
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Good luck with your inspection you will be fine! Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

Demonjill
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Good luck with your inspection.

Keep us posted!!:thumbsup:

sophiestars
02-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Phew Ofsted website came back so have just submitted form (too late for her to see prob) and have printed it off so I can show her when she comes. I couldn't print it off before because I had typed it straight onto the website which wouldn't let me in. Was actually crying earlier thinking what shall I do if website is down tomorrow too!

Anyway, all is well now, have managed to write up a few observations and am pretty sorted now.

Polka Dots - yes I thought it was a bit early too, I've been registered for just 4 months but she said that they want to get to newly registered minders early so they can be sure we are ok with the EYFS and can guide us in the right direction if we are not quite doing what is required.

Looking forward to it now in a funny sort of way, I just want to get it over with so i can then relax for a while! Will let you know how it goes tomorrow

angeldelight
03-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Glad you sorted it out

Good luck again for today

Angel xx

HENNY
03-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Not usually on line this early good luck again for today:thumbsup

estrelas
03-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Phew Ofsted website came back so have just submitted form (too late for her to see prob) and have printed it off so I can show her when she comes. I couldn't print it off before because I had typed it straight onto the website which wouldn't let me in. Was actually crying earlier thinking what shall I do if website is down tomorrow too!

Anyway, all is well now, have managed to write up a few observations and am pretty sorted now.

Polka Dots - yes I thought it was a bit early too, I've been registered for just 4 months but she said that they want to get to newly registered minders early so they can be sure we are ok with the EYFS and can guide us in the right direction if we are not quite doing what is required.

Looking forward to it now in a funny sort of way, I just want to get it over with so i can then relax for a while! Will let you know how it goes tomorrow

Yikes :eek: :eek: I was registered in March too!! In a awy I hope i get mine too, just to get it out the way

Sending lots of good luck to you xx
Let us know how you get on xx

sarah707
03-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Good luck today xx

cherry pink
03-07-2009, 08:52 AM
good luck with your inspection xx

ORKSIE
03-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Hope its going well:thumbsup: