PDA

View Full Version : would you call back?

Banana
18-02-2008, 11:38 AM
I just had this woman call me.

Hello. im making enquiries into childcare, where are you exactly? (so i told her) and whats your post code? (again I gave it)

Ok thanks bye.

I did 1471 and got the number - would you call back and say excuse me but you are a bit ****** rude and do you think you could tell me why you want my details. I think maybe she wants them for my Ofsted report but found her really rude.

Would you call back?

x

miffy
18-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I might call back and say sorry you didn't give me long enough to tell you I have no vacancies :laughing:

She was very rude - I'd only call her back if you need the work!

Miffy xx

Banana
18-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Funny you should say that because thats what I was thinking!

I dont have any vacancies and it would please me no end to do it!

x

sarah707
18-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Very odd... do you think it was someone messing you about? :D

Banana
18-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Dont know who it was!!

Thing is when you put my postcode into the ofsted search bit there are 2 childminders that appear within 0.0 miles of it so if that is what she is using it for then how does she know who she is looking at... its bugging the heck out of me though. What if it was someone wanting to be malicious and put in a complaint about me for no reason? Ok im being a bit paranoid but it was so odd and she was very sort of... well she was just rude and her tone wasnt nice.

x

Mollymop
18-02-2008, 12:14 PM
That would make me paranoid as well. Give her a ring back, after all you have nothing to lose!:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 02:35 PM
you have nothing to loose by contacting her and just asking what the general enquiry was for ???

xxx

ajs
18-02-2008, 02:38 PM
i think i would call too and ask what it was she wanted
just say sorry i was too busy to chat but i have a little time now can i help you at all, are you looking for a childminder etc

good luck let us know though xx

deeb66
18-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree that was very rude of her....

I would be tempted to call her back and ask her why she wanted your full postcode.......

Spangles
18-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I think I would call back.

Maybe she wanted your details to send you some literature about something she's trying to sell?

Cammie Doodle
18-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Yes I would phone her back, like someone else said tell her you were busy when she called, but now have time to talk and can you help .

oakie dokie
18-02-2008, 03:17 PM
on reading this my first thoughts are, once they have your post code they have your registration number! because all you have to do is put in the post code and it brings up the nearest registered childminder to that post code, with your registration number and if they have your name, well they have everything to make a false claim to tax credits!:angry: so please be wary of giving out your post code. i would call them back.

hazelx

emmadines
18-02-2008, 03:42 PM
call em back!!

tinytigers
18-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes think I would call them back just out of curiosity. However if you have there number I would keep hold of that too. I would think that anyone ringing you maliciously would have had the sense to withold the number.

angeldelight
18-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Did you call them back Lana?

xx

miss muffit
18-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi yes i would call her back ...i would say that i did 1471 and ask her who she was ...how rude!!!! :)

Banana
18-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I havnt as yet...it has bugged me all afternoon and I feel like I really want to... I even googled the phone number to see if it came up under a name but it didnt.

I dont know what to say though, she cut me off so I cant say I didnt have time to talk to her as she is the one who hung up on me - she didnt want to talk.

I was thinking of calling and asking

'why she needed my postcode as seems strange to me and the last person who took my address details tried to put in a flase tax credits claim... so pardon me for asking but what did you need it for? Also, I dont have any vacancies' :D

What do you think

xx

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I havnt as yet...it has bugged me all afternoon and I feel like I really want to... I even googled the phone number to see if it came up under a name but it didnt.

I dont know what to say though, she cut me off so I cant say I didnt have time to talk to her as she is the one who hung up on me - she didnt want to talk.

I was thinking of calling and asking

'why she needed my postcode as seems strange to me and the last person who took my address details tried to put in a flase tax credits claim... so pardon me for asking but what did you need it for? Also, I dont have any vacancies' :D

What do you think

xx

thats exactly what id say then if she is up to something she willbe aware your on to her ! xxx

cuddlybunny38
18-02-2008, 05:16 PM
HI ring her back but say your sorry for cutting her off you caught the wrong button and was she ringing to inquire about your service, this way it makes it look like you are just being polite but still finding out what she wanted.

Banana
18-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Right I called

Heart was beating out my chest - I get so nervous about these things lol

I just said hi and she had called earlier for my details and I was jut wondering what she needed those specific details for.

She said, I just wanted to see where you were on multimap - fair enough.

Then I started asking questions about what care she is looking for and she said 'its not for now its for July'.

and I asked what age her child was etc she said 10 months or so when she goes back to work.

I got her name out of her though and where she lives so maybe she was genuine.

Have however told her that I have no vacancies and a waiting list so if I free up a space I will let her know.

She didnt sound very pleased I had called!

Im so proud of myself! :D

Now I just need to conquer asking for PAYMENTS!!! See my new thread later!!!! I havnt written it yet, but i'm just off to bath Belle and I'll be back this evening

xxx

Spangles
18-02-2008, 05:57 PM
WEll done for calling her Lana - I think you were very brave!

If it was dodgy she'll think twice about whatever it was she was planning on doing with the info. Strange woman!

manjay
18-02-2008, 06:07 PM
From what she said I think she sounds genuine just extremely rude!! Thank goodness you don't need her business

amanda xx

littletreasures
18-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Well done for calling.

Jules

Cammie Doodle
18-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Well done you :happy banana:

carolinel
18-02-2008, 07:02 PM
good for you lana, calling her back.

doesn't sound like the sort of person you'd want to work for anyway!!