PDA

View Full Version : someone help!

bekx
02-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi, im all in a panic, ofsted have just rang me in regard to my variation request, shes ringing back at half seven cause i was busy at the time, but she wants to ask me loads of questions!!

im now having a panic i case i dont know the answer or just mess it up in general! I applied for a variation to have 4 under 5, the ages being 2 x 2yrs, 18months and 6months. She was already saying when i spoke to her thats a lot of young children to care under 5 for in the kind of funny voice, or maybe im just being paranoid!

I know shes going to ask me things like how i will meet the needs of all the individual children, my minds now blank!!!

think im just havin a stress rant but if anyone has any advice please let me know!

georgie456
02-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh bless you - at least you have a bit of time to prepare - make sure you have it written down when you talk to her so you don't miss anything out.

Obviously I don't know what she will ask, but when I had the call they wanted to know how I would manage getting out and about safely, how I would be feeding them all, where they would sleep if they napped etc etc.

Try and do yourself some little mini risk assessments covering each area of your setting and hopefully they will help you answer her questions.

Good luck - let us know how it goes....

jeanybeany
02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I got my variation granted to have 3 under 5's two days a week not including my own 3 year old (they will be at nursery most of the time). She just went through the letter asked me about equipment and what I would need, how I would manage my time and why I wanted the variation. That was it really and just checking the other children I would have.

HTH

Jeanybeany:)

youarewhatyoueat
02-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Theyre likely to ask you about the practical side, coping with nappy changing 4 children, transport, seating for mealtimes,high chairs etc. sleeping arrangements and what you would do in an emergency, could you get them all in the car if need be etc. it would be all relevent to your setting of course safety arrangements when on an outing or how you would ensure outdoor play on a daily basis, if you can tell her these before she asks at least it will show you have thought about it. good luck. let us know what she said. Caroline

miffy
02-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck

She's most likely going to talk about the practicalities of feeding, sleeping, changing & transporting all the children so think about how you're going to do that - where will they all sleep, have you got enough highchairs, cots, car seats etc etc.

Make a few notes then you can look at them - you'll be fine, really you will!

Miffy xx

bekx
02-07-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks everyone, i hope she will be nice to me! i just hear the word ofsted and go into a mad panic!! i will let u know what she says

CherryBlossom
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Just stay calm-prove that you are capable of looking after all 4 children.
I am sure she is not out to get you, she will just make sure that you will be able to cope.

Hope it goes well

xx

bekx
02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
hi! ive just put the phone down to her and she said YES!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: woohoo!!
she was really nice and helpful, not scary at all :)

better get shopping for my quad buggy!! thanks to everyone for your advice!

becky

sarah707
02-07-2009, 07:22 PM
great news! :jump for joy:

Lick'le Oakes
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Well done you can now breath again:clapping:

georgie456
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Well done! Glad it all went ok :jump for joy:

Tatjana
02-07-2009, 08:19 PM
That's great news, well done you!

xx

miffy
02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
WOW - well done you :clapping:

A quad buggy eh? Never had one of those. Let us know what you get.

Miffy xx

youarewhatyoueat
02-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Someone put a link up for a fab quad buggy the other day, really reasonable price, anyone remember so can pass the info on