PDA

View Full Version : Keeping dog away

aly
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
you may remembe the incident with the boy that 'went off on one' a while ago??? my |CDO and ncma contact came out and has since spoken to my CSSIW Inspector and I had 2 of them out to me about 2 weeks ago.

ANyway they were fine with me over the incident but have since asked me about keepign the dog away.

As part of my registration I am not allowed our dog{lurcher} anywhere near the kids so have kept him either in kitchen or the hall but no that is not good enough now and say either upstairs [no way] or out the back. our garden is massive and have been training the dog to stay in one part of the garden for toileting etc. they are ok with this but would like to make it more secure so I receive a letter today to say that they want him secured away. going by the conversation we had she would prefer us to have him a kennel and run.:eek:

anyway we want to fence off one bit of garden [not permananetly, as the dog wont last more then 2 years probably as he is old] but my question is can I claim for this as we wouldn't have needed to do all this if I wasn't minding.

OOOooops sorry I have 'talked' haven't I:panic::panic:

helenlc
02-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I would claim. As you say if you were not minding you would not have to do it.

Plus, if you have it in writing that they are suggesting you do this, then definitely claim.

Ripeberry
02-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, you can claim for it as expenses as its a modification to your garden to keep mindees safe. I've had to put up a fence and gate in my garden because our pond has a small waterfall and we have rhubarb plants and a water butt.