PDA

View Full Version : Poor Mindee

Pipsqueak
02-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Kids were all having a wonderful time in the paddling pool - getting me soaked in the process lol, when E (age 3), stood on a wasp in the grass. luckily the sting hasn't gone in very far and it came out as he brushed his foot (all the while hollering and jumping about). Poor little mite has been so brave while I done first aid, lots of cuddles (got soaked cuddling him in), rung mum - who panicked at first till I reassured her that he was ok - gave me permission to give him some piriton and put wasp-eze on as well.

All the kids lost interest in playing in the pool after that but E is dressed (with shoes) and wondering around quite happily now.

But its got me to thinking - do you let yours run around in the garden with nothing on their feet.
Think I might request that parents supply some jelly shoes or similar for times like this.

helenlc
02-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Poor little thing. Hope he is feeling a bit better now.

My 3 yr old mindee has his sandals on in the garden. This is sometimes harder to police when they are in and out of the pool though.

You can get those pool shoes which look like wetsuit type material but I am not sure what the sole is like in regards to keeping them any safer, if you see what I mean?

Otherwise maybe some jelly shoes, as you say, or some cheap sandals that they wear to do everything in the garden.

sue m
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh, poor little thing. He's obviously quite happy now. I don't let them play out in bare feet cos my grass has loads of clover on it and there are always bees on it. We've all been soaked today too, mindees clothes are on the line drying now for them to go home in though I do have spare ones.

Polly2
02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
oh poor thing

hope he ok

Yes mine do run around barefooted as I do - good point though I will have to think about that

venus89
02-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Mine wear shoes (though I go barefoot :blush: ). The family who had the house before us trashed the place and the owners had to comletely redo the whole house to a deadline. All the c**p they found has been chucked in the garden then turfed over so we never know quite what we'll find in the grass next.....

Pipsqueak
02-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Perfect example of a need for a risk assessment lol

janedoe
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Poor wee guy, all of mines wear cheapish shoes/sandals when playing in and out of the pool.

sarah707
03-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I have lots of clover as well

Mine wear sandals or those material shoes... I'm not keen on jellies because they never seem to fit properly.

One lot have started coming in Crocs and they are great as they are easy to slip on and off when they're dashing in and out.

Don't forget to write up your first aid and get mum to sign. You can then link it to your risk assessment for outside play and show Ofsted how proactive you are :D

angeldelight
03-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I think it is difficult pip

I have the problem that they like to go bare footed - I do also

But then the one who had sandals on got stung by a wasp the other week on his toe so they did not protect him

Also I find that if they do slip their sandles or jelly / croc shoes on they never seem to dry their feet - those that can and then their shoes rub

I also find that a lot of them trip when the front of the sandals goes underneath the foot if you know what I mean

There are dangers in whatever we do

Glad to hear the little one is ok

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
03-07-2009, 09:31 AM
He is absolutely fine today - got tickly feet apparently!!! lol