PDA

View Full Version : a thought for helping keep everyone safe whilst out!

newandlearning
02-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I was umming and arring about the vis vests.. and whilst out today getting my mindee a cap which will stay at my house I saw in tescos some boys caps which are read (with England on them).. they are really great looking.. and are
only £1.50 each (a bargain!!)

what I like about them is I can see everyone easy by keeping saying at least the under 5's in the same hat.. and is a good visual safety tool for me..

just thought I'd share as such a cheap deal.. hope you are all have a good un today!x

helenlc
02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Sounds a good idea. When I worked as a childrens rep in Spain the children all wore their Sooty Club t -shirt to activities - it was about them being recognisable in the same t-shirt as anything else.

Friends of mine who are childminders bought some cheap t-shirts in Primark - all the same bright colour - and got their mindees to wear them on days out. They said it worked fab!

newandlearning
02-07-2009, 12:34 PM
that's a great idea.. I'm off to Primark this eve.. so may have a look around there too.. I know that had really cheap hats there when I went on Saturday but I didn't think of getting hats there..:)

mushpea
02-07-2009, 06:23 PM
:laughing: :laughing:
sorry, had to have a giggle, I bought 8 of the very same hats for my lot, just hope we arent all in the same park at the same time caus it could get very confusing:eek: :laughing:

have to say though although i can see them i have still bough hi viz cause on a busy day you suddenly realise how many kids wear red hats!!

miss mopple
02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
My lot all have red t shirts with my details emboidered on them and they really stand out in a crowd :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
02-07-2009, 07:30 PM
My lot all have red t shirts with my details emboidered on them and they really stand out in a crowd :thumbsup:

I've just ordered some red polo shirts from Carole, thought red is best as it stands out :thumbsup:

Carol xx

sarah707
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Great idea!

I have 4 red hats that I use ... I've put names in so we don't swap nits :D

mummyspice
02-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I've just ordered some red polo shirts from Carole, thought red is best as it stands out :thumbsup:

Carol xx

great idea about the hats. Does anyone on here do the t-shirts with embroidery?
Lisa x

charleyfarley
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
great idea about the hats. Does anyone on here do the t-shirts with embroidery?
Lisa x

Yeh Amaranth. She does both adult and childrens wear. There's a long thread on here about it and you can see her handy work.

Carol xx

Twinkles
02-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Great minds think alike :rolleyes: I've just ordered some lime green legionaires ( sp? ) hats yesterday :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Great minds think alike :rolleyes: I've just ordered some lime green legionaires ( sp? ) hats yesterday :thumbsup:

Carole does hats too?? I never knew that, may have to order some :D

Carol xx

Twinkles
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Sorry , didn't mean I ordered them from Carol v:blush: I ordered them from a school suppliers website.