PDA

View Full Version : what size pool do you have?

newandlearning
02-07-2009, 08:09 AM
hi ya.. was wondering about getting a bigger pool.. my idea at the moment is to have two small paddling pools in the garden when its warm so the five children don't wreck one small one.. I have a small slope on my garden so I think having
a bigger pool would mean a lot of water in one area of the pool and not much at the top end...

what do you guys all do.. do you just have a small paddling pool, a big un.. a bit of water or a lot..

would be interested to knowxx hope you all have a great day!

LOOPYLISA
02-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi we have a 12 ft :thumbsup:

When hubby puts it up, its usually well away by now, but this weather has crept up a bit to quick :D

rickysmiths
02-07-2009, 08:24 AM
I tend to have two. A small one for the little ones and a bigger one for the 4-5yrs but it still isn't that big. I find that especially the older ones tend to go a bit mad so I have water pistols, small watering cans, a sprinkler that works on a pump from one water butt we filter the water going into it.

Other wise emptying larger pools each night would water log my small garden and my water bill would go through the roof (we are on a meter) hence why I have 4 water butts around the house to water with.

angeldelight
02-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I used to have 2 but now have a medium size one that seems big to me but compared to the massive ones that are about now I think it could be said that its medium size

I love having the pool out but hate it when we have to empty them

Angel xx

Polly2
02-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I have the smallest of small paddling pool :D also have a water table and sprinklers etc x

charleyfarley
02-07-2009, 08:48 AM
We have 2, a small one and then a 12ft one for the bigger children and me :laughing:

Definately a pool day today :clapping:

Carol xx

FizzysFriends
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I have a 12ft one and the dog has a 5ft one. I dont empty them everynight as I have a filter and put stuff in it to keep the water clean, when I do empty it though it does straight down the drain not on the grass.

haribo
02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
ive got a small one as have a small garden , im about to fill it now but dont fill ittoo much as have 2 yr olds and even though i dont leave them wouldnt like them to fall in and swallow or inhale water :eek: its great to cool off in though and they have lots of toys in there :clapping:

mandy moo
02-07-2009, 10:41 AM
We have a 10ftfor the family, and a small paddling pool for my mindees.

helenlc
02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
We have a 10' one that my children have been in.

3 yr old mindee has played in a storage box of water, with the water table and watering cans.

My dilema is in the summer holidays when I have the 3 yr old's 9 yr old brother and then they all want to go in. Not sure whether to provide a smaller one for 3 yr old or let him go in big one with lots of supervision. He would be able to walk around in it but with the 3 older ones in as well might get pushed over quite easily.

Think I will get a smaller one for him!!! Lol

Mrs.L.C
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
We have got an 8ft pool that we got 3 years ago and have only used it a handful of times. It has a cover as well so we dont need to empty it every day but I do every couple days or so depending on how much the kids use it. I like it as its not too deep for the 3 year old as he likes to play with the big kids and would not be happy going in a seperate pool

ZoeAlli
02-07-2009, 01:11 PM
We have one pool at the moment about middle sized! Haven't had it out with mindees this year yet, instead we have had water fights with water pistols, buckets, empty squeezy bottles and the hose pipe with sprinkler on it.:)
We also have a water table out with coloured water or bubbles and bath toys etc. When the sandpit is empty I fill that with water as they can paddle in it.

Zoe

mushpea
03-07-2009, 06:07 AM
I was thinking of getting a pool but then decided that insted i would put my big water tray on the grass with lots of buckets and containers in and let them have a water fight insted, i have up to 6 in the hols so would be a bit mad organizing a paddling pool plus mine like to run and jump then slide in ours and cant imagine 6 of them doing that:eek:

ORKSIE
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
I have a little P Pool. And a cat litter tray (Brand New) for water play.