PDA

View Full Version : have you got your tesco gazebo up yet?

newandlearning
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
hello.. I've just tried to put one of mine up...:panic: :panic:
I've got the bars up on top that are horizonal and the legs on..
but can't get all the diagnol ones to fits without one popping out :doh:

well as you can see I've given up ..its half up and I'm currently stumped..
any advice would go down a treat.xx

her8y
01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I had the very same problem. Taped the joints together which helped then plonked the cover over it then readjusted the poles. Was a right faff but got there in the end! The cat is asleep under it right now!

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a right palava!:eek:

xx

her8y
01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a right palava!:eek:

xx

You are not wrong. Wouldnt mind but I have two more sitting in the garage waiting to be put up:eek: Still a REAL bargain and they are great once they are up!

FizzysFriends
01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I got mine up no probs after sanding some of the paint off one of the poles at the end as it had dripped.

newandlearning
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
and for fear of sounding daft..does it have to go on flat land
or a slight inclines ok.. or does this affect the poles as well.??

FizzysFriends
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
and for fear of sounding daft..does it have to go on flat land
or a slight inclines ok.. or does this affect the poles as well.??

My grass isn't completly flat, its slightly slopped and its fine on there.

I one wanted one so sold the other 2 today for a profit!!! :clapping: :laughing:

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
My grass isn't completly flat, its slightly slopped and its fine on there.

I one wanted one so sold the other 2 today for a profit!!! :clapping: :laughing:

Don't answer your door....they'll be back for a refund if they have to faffle around with it like you have!:laughing:

xx

FizzysFriends
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Don't answer your door....they'll be back for a refund if they have to faffle around with it like you have!:laughing:

xx

Im not daft, they don't know where I live!!!!

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Im not daft, they don't know where I live!!!!

Aha!:thumbsup:

xx

FizzysFriends
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Aha!:thumbsup:

xx

Although they are all from playgroup so will see them next week. Made an ok profit though and sold some paddling pools and shorts too.

cherry
01-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I had the same problem, just don't push them in so far when joining them together.

It worked for me.:thumbsup:

Polka Dots
01-07-2009, 07:56 PM
My DH and BIL ended up sawing a bit off some poles then taped it altogether. I gave one away and we've decided to keep the 3rd for spares. :rolleyes:

newandlearning
01-07-2009, 08:06 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: ..
can't stop myself from chuckling out aloud.. and am happy to know
its not just me.. well.. with my rioja in hand I'm gonna go back out there
and see if adjusting them with alcohol in my system helps..
my DH gave up.. and has gone for a bike ride .. oh well!! :laughing:

twinkle3005
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm having such a chuckle to myself reading some of your posts. The only problems I had putting one of mine up was my DH & DS sat 'supervising' and giggling at me reading the instructions, got it put up with no probs though. I still think I'll leave our full size one to hubby lol

HENNY
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Iv been putting off putting mine up cos I thought it might be complicated!!!!!:D

littletreasures
01-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd have been really disappointed if I had paid £30 for each gazebo!!!!

At the slightest bit of wind the legs go at funny angles, although it hasn't collapsed totally yet. The cat jumps up and sleeps on the roof, just waiting for it to collapse. It is like sleeping in a little hammock!!!!

I bought one last year from Woolworths and that is far superior to this one.

miffy
01-07-2009, 08:58 PM
This is one bargain I'm glad I've missed! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=littletreasures;463544]I'd have been really disappointed if I had paid £30 for each gazebo!!!!

I agree!!!!!!!!! great for what we paid though! I had similar problems but once the cover goes on it seems to hold the poles in place much better!:thumbsup:

Playmate
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I managed to buy one off Bteam yesterday coz I missed the offer! I was going to put it up tonight, but after sitting in the garden with a bottle of wine, I thought this might not be such a good idea, however I think maybe now after reading your posts the wine might have helped :laughing:
Better drink another bottle again tomorrow and then try and put it up :D

Lady Haha
02-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Mines been up since last week and not fallen down yet! I had the same prob with poles coming out, but once it was up, it stayed! Yesterday I got the paddling pool out and it's covering one end of it. the front legs are now abit 'straddled' but it's still up!

I gave one to my neighbour and the other is being kept as a spare.

Blackhorse
02-07-2009, 09:25 AM
I have mine up as well and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever..

my dd loves it and as long as it is not too windy I can't foresee any problems with it!!
I am very glad I bought them!

mammumof4
02-07-2009, 09:54 AM
im glad im not the only one! i also had problems with the poles, didnt think about using tape! great idea! mine falls over at the slightest breeze and the kids are mad coz its in the way of there "race track" :blush: so ive taken it down, might put it on ebay!

pumpkinsmum
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Mines been up, then down, then up again! :rolleyes:

Not very sturdy but better now I've put the ropes on and tied it to the wall. And the poles drove me nuts!
Still good value though.
:clapping:

pumpkinsmum
02-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh No! It's raining! Do I leave it up and stay dry or get soaked and take it down? :huh:

newandlearning
03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
am gonna take mine down today before the rain arrives here :) .. its been up two days and I'm now very happy with it.. after adjusting the roof bits..

out of curiosity what are the stringy bits for?? I couldn't figure that out.x

Lady Haha
03-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I have just posted a new thread about the stringy bits!!!! You are supposed to tie them to the loops on the material and then peg them to the ground.

I gave my neighbour one of mine and she didn't do this and I've just had to chuck it back over the fence cos it blew into my garden in pieces!

I pegged mine down all over and it's still standing!

Go and peg it down! Use the stringy bits!:laughing: