PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed

Kes
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Another person posting about unregistered childcare and I know her. Only thing is I don't like confrontation but don't know if I can just ignore this.
Have reported it but don't know if netmums will do anything about it.
Kerry

http://www.netmums.com/h/f/BOARDS/childcare/ALL/

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Which one is it, Natalie in Enfield?

Did you know she was doing it or is this the first you've heard?

It's infuriating:angry:

xx

Kes
01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
No its Helena in Temple Herdewyke. Especially annoying as she puts on it thats shes not registered so does'nt have the insurance!!!

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Which one is it, Natalie in Enfield?

Did you know she was doing it or is this the first you've heard?

It's infuriating:angry:

xx

That's weird, I clicked on the link but it took me to where I usually log into.... which will explain my odd reply, sorry:blush:

But, it's still infuriating!

xx

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
No its Helena in Temple Herdewyke. Especially annoying as she puts on it thats shes not registered so does'nt have the insurance!!!

Really? Gosh, she's got some nerve then!

How about emailing the link to Ofsted? Or complaining to netmums?

xx

Kes
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Have reported it to netmums, not sure if they will do anything. This is the post:

I worked for the last two years as a nanny in Canada to two girls aged 4 and 2 and also worked PT in daycare ,I am fully first aid qualified and security checked

I am availiable to baby sit anytime anyday In my own home ,I dont drive at the minute ( in process of learning) but have a 7 seater and a driver ( my hubby) at evenings and weekends

we enjoy picnics in the park ,craft messy play and go to toddler groups on monday and wednesdays ( within walking distance )

please email me if you are intrested and for more info ,
I am a LOT cheaper than a childminder ,but obviously i dont hold insurance and cannot accept childcare vouchers etc

FizzysFriends
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Is it the one on the Warwickshire board? I have reported that one anyway, advertising something illegal is just wrong.

Gizmo
01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
That is shocking so unfair if they can get away with this , but do parents not care about their kids tho sending them to just anyone makes my blood boil :angry:

georgie456
01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
:eek: :eek: I'm sure netmums will take it seriously. It makes me SO mad!!!

katickles
01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I think that ofsted would be interested in that:angry:

Kes
02-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Had an email from netmums they have removed the post and sent an e mail to her asking her to explain herself.

Kerry

FizzysFriends
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Had an email from netmums they have removed the post and sent an e mail to her asking her to explain herself.

Kerry

I got an email saying they had removed it too.

RedDragon
02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I've just seen one too - it says:

I have been around children all my life. I have been on a first aid course. I would be available to look after your child from monday-sunday anytimes. It would be in my own home which has a large toy room and garden also we live opposite a park. If you have any questions then please call

This isn't allowed either is it?

aly
02-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I've just seen one too - it says:

I have been around children all my life. I have been on a first aid course. I would be available to look after your child from monday-sunday anytimes. It would be in my own home which has a large toy room and garden also we live opposite a park. If you have any questions then please call

This isn't allowed either is it?

no i would report that one too

mammumof4
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
That's weird, I clicked on the link but it took me to where I usually log into.... which will explain my odd reply, sorry:blush:

But, it's still infuriating!

xx

same here!!!! took me to my local board! thought you was talking about me for a split second and sat reading my add to see if i had done something wrong!!! :eek: :eek: its this heat, im going INSANE :D :D

Rach30
02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Its a flaming cheek isn't it. Thing is ppl may llok at that and not even realsie that 'proper' childminders like us exist , they may not realise that those ppl are illigal IYSWIM. It could be any ond pervert advertising on there :angry:

wendywu
02-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Cant you forward the whole advert to Ofsted via an email. :)

yummymummy
02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree our local board at netmums is full of this and very young girls offering to babysit. I have questioned netmums childcare boards on here before but everyone said they thought they were good, I never advertise on them as it seems as if the same people advertise again and again and have answered 2 adverts and they were both complete timewasters wanting top quality childcare at the price only an unregistered person would be prepared to charge!
I know others may disagree but I preferred it in the "good old bad old days" when the only way to contact registered childminders was through FIS, you really didn't get any of this then.