PDA

View Full Version : Scary...re-starting

LittleStars
01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
We have just put our house on the market and are planning to relocate from West London to Surrey.

Since starting CMing I have been full up and had a waiting list... I can charge £6ph and have the NICEST bunch of children you can imagine...

Im actually really worried about moving and having to start from scratch...my hourly rate will need to be lower and what if I can't find new children? Don't want to be sat on my own all day in a big house looking for mindees...

Will the kids be ok moving schools?
Will I manage to find new friends :(

Please reassure me that this really will be ok?

Thanks
Jenna

Roseolivia
01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine. It just seems scary now. Enjoy being a lady of leisure until you get children. Have you been in touch with the CIS in Surrey? They may be able to help or pass your number onto potential parents.

flora
01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
not sure about the minding side of thing but the others will all fall into place i am sure.

i moved 200 mile to where i live now. it has taken time to settle and make freinds, but i am getting there.

kids are very quick to adjust as they have school to help.

good luck with your move, hope all goes well :thumbsup:

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I think everything will work out just fine!

I'm originally from west London and as much as i love(d) it, it's not exactly the friendliest/community kind of place is it?!

I had all your worries last year when we moved out to Enfield (Edmonton) and I can tell you it's fab, i've met loads of people and made new friends, my children have settled very well. The neighbours are very friendly and there's a real community feel to the place, i'm soooo pleased we moved here....you will be too!

xx

The Juggler
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
which part of Surrey? At present things seem quite busy. Get in touch with local daycare team (social services team who find respite daycare) you might get some temp work with them. I always let them know when I have vacancies and currently I have 2 placements one is turning long term.

Your CIS will tell you how many minders have vacancies at present too as well as average rate.

I wouldn't necessarily put your rate down yet, yours might not be too dissimilar to new area. I'm in Sutton and I charge £4. Up to £5 is not uncommon here.

Good luck with everything.

Demonjill
02-07-2009, 02:42 PM
If you are anything like me you will worry about everything - there are so many what ifs - but also lots of exciting stuff too so dont lose sight of that.

Im sure you will make friends wherever you are.
You could do a little research into your new area if you havent already done so.
Im sure there are minders in Surrey( not sure which part) who have quite high hourly rates, some even higher than yours but i cant remember which post i read this on.
Any references from the parents you have just now will still be viable when you move too and maybe a reference from your supporting officer if you have one. Just a thought:D

Good luck with selling your house!! thats stressful enough without all this added worry :D

cs01
02-07-2009, 02:50 PM
we moved into surrey (Guildford) from overseas a year ago and my 3 kids have settled well, although it does take time for everyone to make new friends and to find their feet again.

There seems to be enough work for everyone in my area and I got my cm kids through the ************* website. Surreys a lovely place and I'm sure you will be very happy here!

Good luck with your move.

angeldelight
05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I am sure you will be fine

Good luck with your move let us know how it goes

Angel xx