PDA

View Full Version : I am so cross

cherry
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I got the paddling pool out for the first time today and my little ones have had a brilliant time playing in it .

So what happens, within 5 minutes of the school children arriving this afternoon the 10 year old manages to put a 2 foot rip in it messing around.:angry:

So I have to go out tonight and see if I can find another one from Tesco's or some other late opening shops.

I am sooooo cross with them, they're worse than the little ones:angry:

haribo
01-07-2009, 04:18 PM
i dont blame you for being cross , id be tempted to keep the paddlig pool for the little ones anyway , the smaller ones arent built for big kids specially if they tend to mess around (as they do) :rolleyes:

sarah707
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
They get so silly don't they?

I hope you manage to find another :D

Polly2
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh no :panic: they had small ones in Asda for £2.50

Twinkles
01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Have you tried gaffa tape ? - no not for the pool - for the 10yr old :laughing:

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh no, what bad luck, hope you don't have to spend too much on another one.

xx

georgie456
01-07-2009, 06:49 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cherry
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, just got back from the shops, no luck.

Never mind, I'll just have to keep looking.

I expect I'll find one when the weather changes :laughing:

katickles
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I got a great one from superdrug :thumbsup:

peanuts
01-07-2009, 08:17 PM
i have a paddling pool for wee ones and one for the older ones, the older ones are not allowed in to the wee one when they come to my house, they all know my rules, i had the wee one out for about 1 week before letting on i had the big one for the older ones

aly
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
will you be charging his parents for it?

angeldelight
02-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Very annoying I had that happen with the tent some of the older ones went wild in it and broke it

Parents dont care either do they

Angel xx

miffy
02-07-2009, 08:41 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If only........................:D

Miffy xx

mandy moo
02-07-2009, 10:49 AM
wilkos also have them in at the mo as well, medium sized, clear plastic with fish and stuff on it a £5

emmadines
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
i have afterschoolers and find they show little respect for the toys etc here, my own kids know that i will not take it from them,

i have now started to tell the kids that if things are broken due to just carelessness then they will be expected to replace it- or if they are lucky enough not to break it then it goes away and will not come out again...

they were bouncing large marbles in my conservatory, they chipped my large patio door with one, lucky the didnt break it and the chip is tiny but still......

needless to say the marbles do not come out when they are here...:mad:

huggableshelly
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
my afterschoolers are pretty good, the only thing I've had to stop them having is a beanbag target game as they use the beanbags and target eachother rather than aiming at the real target but its too easy for them so they got bored super quick.

I have many toys that are for after school use only and the mindees help me pick toys to buy too when i have extra cash to spalsh out with so they respect the toys due to chosing them as a group ... thats how i feel it works anyway.

cherry
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I never thought of Superdrug, I'll have a look tomorrow.

I mention it to his mum and all she said was "Oh dear" so I jokingly said it would have to come out of his pocket money, she replied "He doesn't get any" and then left.

It's what I expected, this is the mum who takes a month to pay me.

My OH has put lots of tape over the rips so at least we can use it today.

Bananabrain
02-07-2009, 12:04 PM
My after schoolers{all boys} have broken the perspex windows in the shed, Lost about 15 shuttlecocks and balls by having a competition to see who could knock them into the furthest garden!!!! I refused to buy anymore because they lost them on purpose so they started using the plastic fruit instead:angry:

They have even been known to play 'tennis' with the LO's dollies. That's the most hillarious game ever and they nearly wet their pants laughing.

Trouble is it was quite funny and sometimes i end up laughing as well.

Nearly all my mindees are boys,and all the recent enquiries I've had are for boys.

Am I allowed to have a 'no boys' policy????:laughing: