PDA

View Full Version : help needed

nikki13
01-07-2009, 01:38 PM
i have a 14 month old of my own and have been minding a 11 month old for 4 months it took him quite a while to settle in but we eventually got there. however the last to weeks he screams the house down every time i give my own child any attention my little one only has to crawl in my direction and mindee goes mad.
what can i do need help thinking of giving him up if i cant sort this soon

Louise_Oaktree
01-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I think it may be something to do with the age, I have a mindee 16 months and he is the same but his obsession is with bottles of milk, he can't stand to see me feed the 8 month old his bottle and screams constantly until I have finished. I try to ease the situation and I find he is better when not fastened somewhere like a highchair etc as he is free to play etc and entertain himself, how about going to groups? This way he would have lots of stimulus and might not notice it as much.

angeldelight
06-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Poor you

Hope things work out and he settles down for you

Angel xx

margimum
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
That's why God gave us 2 knees! Sorry I didn't mean to sound unsympathetic. It's hard when it's your own little 1 who has to share your affections but it will get easier.
Remember your mindee will be missing his mum and is not as lucky as your l.o. so he will need cuddles too. Stick with it and use distraction, singing etc.