PDA

View Full Version : Where do you change bums?

singlewiththree
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
I know this has been discussed before but I did a search and can't find it.

Where do you change their bums? I use a mat and it ends up in my kitchen/diner would ofsted frown at that?

huggableshelly
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
i changed on a mat in my lounge, other child was busy playing ... ofsted was fine with this no comments were made.

just make sure wherever you change a child you can still see or hear any other child in your care.

Mouse
01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I change mine on the dining table!

I have a pvc table cloth that I put on the table. The changing mat sits on that & I have all the nappies, wipes etc spread out next to it. It works well as I don't have to bend down to change nappies & has really cut down on my backache.

The mindees don't use that table during the day and I clean the mat & pvc cloth at night & take them off until the next day.

Ofsted had no problems with it as I have a clear hygiene policy & stress that children will never be left unattended on the table.

little chickee
01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
i always change bums on a mat in the bathroom - never anywhere else but i think that stems from when my own babies were in nappies and my hubby complained about the smell if i changed in the living roon for instance - so old habits die hard.

katickles
01-07-2009, 10:18 AM
generally on the change mat on the floor in the lounge. I try & give the children as much privicy as poss :)

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 10:51 AM
would you change a nappy in the garden? if everyone is out? rather than taking all the kids inside?

Mouse
01-07-2009, 10:55 AM
would you change a nappy in the garden? if everyone is out? rather than taking all the kids inside?

Yes, I don't see any problem with that. As long as the child's happy with it I'd do it.

Bananabrain
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I've changed bums in the garden,as long as the sun is not in their eyes and the grass is dry.

Keeps the pong outside!

wellybelly
01-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I change bums on a mat in the hall as its like a walking area rather than a playing area - ofsted seemed happy with this and the children know where to go when I say "Change nappy time".

Spangles
01-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I changed them in the lounge, inspector saw me do this and was fine with it.

The Juggler
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM
i changed on a mat in my lounge, other child was busy playing ... ofsted was fine with this no comments were made.

just make sure wherever you change a child you can still see or hear any other child in your care.

Mine in lounge or really messy in hall on laminate flooring (on a mat of course). Don't think ofsted mind as long as you clean the mat!

The Juggler
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I've changed bums in the garden,as long as the sun is not in their eyes and the grass is dry.

Keeps the pong outside!

absolutely it would take so long to get all the others inside!

georgie456
01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I change them on my living room floor on a mat - and i have changed children in the garden in the past too....

Deb
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Wherever I happen to be when it needs changing - I do it on my knee, hurts my back to bend over.