PDA

View Full Version : Occasional overnight contract

twinkle3005
01-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi. I'm registered to provide overnight care and have had an enquiry from a parent wanting occasional overnight care so her and her husband can have a night out. I would like to type up a contract as the NCMA contracts don't seem to cover this. What do I need to state in the contract. So far I have Childs details, contacts for parents, emergency contacts, fees etc, what I'm struggling with is how to word that if a child is ill whilst in my care I will contact parents but will not let them go home if the parents are under the influence of alcohol. What else do I need to include. Any help and suggestions gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Jo xx

rickysmiths
01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi there. I would use the normal NCMA contract for this and write any particular details in the lage box on the second page. Remember if you are insured through NCMA and you don't use their contracts you might not be covered if there is a problem.

I must confess I would not be happy about 'Babysitting' a child so the parents can go for a night out, unless it was a one off very special occassion. I would then expect them to sign and confirm that one of them would not drink so they can come if there is an emergency.

huggableshelly
01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I would use the usual ncma contracts too though i do not offer overnight care.