PDA

View Full Version : What do you do - Half term.

queenie
18-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone, I just wondered what everyone else does in a similar situation! I normally look after a 7 year old before and after school. Last week the mum said she would need me to have him half term week everyday 8.am-6.30pm except Wednesday I said ok. She turned up this morning and said now she doesnt need me to have him tuesday either as she just found out she doesnt have to work !!
What should I charge her? Do I just charge for normal hours I would have him in school time!! I know shes meant to give me 4 weeks notice of holiday etc but I would feel mean charging her for a full day if he isnt here. She is a single mother and will be already paying me a lot for this week!! Sorry Im probably being too kind, what do you think!!

miffy
18-02-2008, 09:17 AM
What's in your contract queenie?

Does it cover what you will charge in this situation?

Miffy xx

Lou
18-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Personally i would prob just charge for whatever hours she used in half term as it will be a lot more than you would get normally anyway, but it depends what you have in contract x

Twinkles
18-02-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree with Lou , that's what I'd do too.

avril
18-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I had the same thought I would have a little one 8.00am til 6.00pm but Mum turned up and said only need you 8.00am til 1.00pm so only charged her for the hours used as was more than normal.

Avril

LittleMissSparkles
18-02-2008, 09:54 AM
If you havent turned away anyone else thinking you had a booking for that time i'd just charge for hours minded for xxx

sarah707
18-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Yes I'd like to thing i would do that too... but then I'm quite soft and would possibly not charge at all... and enjoy the day off! :D

susi513
18-02-2008, 03:27 PM
According to my handbook & contracts I should charge for all time booked, whether or not the child attends unless the place is subsequently booked by another child.

But in practice, if I haven't turned anyone else away and it means I get a day off or shorter working day then I have reduced the fee to 1/2 fees or just charged for hours used.