PDA

View Full Version : Weekly activities doc

katickles
30-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Could anybody please share with me a copy of your individual childs weekly activities/planning doc, not sure I am doing it right at all:blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
30-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry don't do one - all mine is on one planning sheet for the month

katickles
30-06-2009, 07:45 PM
oh - now I don't do a monthly plan, should I be doing??

FussyElmo
30-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I used to do weekly but found I never stuck to it. So went to monthly and it suits me much better. I find it gives me plenty of scope to do things and not feel like I had wasted my time doing the weekly plan.

sarah707
30-06-2009, 07:58 PM
There are lots of ways to plan weekly. Some of the ways you can do it are by -

continuous provision OR by children's interests OR by complementing what is happening elsewhere.

I use continuous provision because I find it works best for me.

What part of what you are doing doesn't suit you? :D

katickles
30-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I think what I am doing would be under continuous provision.

I have a chart that lists down the left thing slike messy play, small world, ict, etc etc. Across the top I have the days of the week & what I will do is write what we have done that covers that area, ie messy play - would have water table in on the tuesday if the child has played with it that day, does that make sence??

Also by doing things that way am I actually doing it right:blush:

sarah707
30-06-2009, 08:08 PM
as far as I am concerned yes you are doing it right!

I don't do it by the day as I have all part timers so I just show the activities I am going to get out linked to the theme we are covering.

This week we are continuing an interest in minibeasts... my CP planning says that we will read mini beast books, make mini beasts out of playdough, cook butterfly cakes...

Then it depends who is here as to who gets the activities. I try to make sure it's fair and everyone gets a go at eg baking or making playdough during the month.

PLUS I have individual planning ... so J is working on his gross motor skills and we will sing songs that encourage him to jump, dance etc and K has an interest in space so we will carry on making his rocket from last week.

Does that make sense? :D

katickles
30-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Yeah - thanks Sarah thats made me feel better then.

I do think it needs "tweeking" but thats something I can work on as long as what i do have to show is acceptable for now thats fine, :)

miffy
30-06-2009, 09:10 PM
There's an individual weekly planning sheet here that might help

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/planning.html

Miffy xx