PDA

View Full Version : Tips from my inspection this morning.

CCJD
30-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Just thought I would add the feedback from my inspection on here : for anyone who is due one:

- she liked my SEF - said it was very reflective - included lots of examples about how I work and my setting - liked that I had included examples of when things hadnt gone to plan - for example: two planning systems that have been abandoned as they were just paper work excersises and did not allow me to refelct on what the current interests of the children were. Said my description of my setting was very accurate (I said that pictures, wipeboard, mirrors etc were all at child level -and reflected my child focused approach). So even though the SEF was a pain - it has certainly paid off.

- liked my partnership with parents - could see via my two way diaries (which include photos) , parent noticeboard, childrens photo and artwork noticeboard , and parent questionaires that I keep in a compliments folder,that our relationship is good and I am valued.

- Like my interaction with the children. Felt it was natural , relaxed ( new little one who has only been with my 1 week was a star!!)- we did free play this morning rather than structured activity - I explained that due to little one only being here a week, we were still exploring and learning what his interests and likes are.

- Like my systems for EYFS - found them very easy to follow - felt that 2 observations a month was ample - the next steps then listed on a monthly planning sheet covered the fact that I was thinking forward. To extend this she thought that I could list a goal within each curriculum area (PSED etc) for each month rather than just a focus one or two which I had been doing.
I dont do weekly planning becuase I follow child interests too much for this to be viable (and could back this up with examples) but due to the way I focus around my monthly plans she said this was good. She liked my starting point obs for new one and questionaire for new one for parents to complete about routines etc.

- Liked outside space and will give feedback on report of developing this further - eg:with keywords etc -also thought inside could be even further developed with key words around the playroom (tables, chairs etc)

- Like individual handtowels and did not have a problem with me not using gloves for nappy changes - I reflected on this in my sef and said that in a setting where I try to teach eco friendly attitudes to children that I could not justify nappies, wipes, anti bac wipes and double bagging only then to add gloves into the equation. Given that I only change 2 sets of nappies, I felt that with good handwashing and anti bac gel I could prevent contamination.

In my SEF I graded myself as good in each area - she said she agreed - actually more than agreed and graded me outstanding in all areas bar one (safeguarding where I got a good becuase, as pointed out in my SEF I have not updated my training in safeguarding since I first registered.). Will get my report in the next couple of weeks and will update this with anything else useful I find in it.

So my biggest tip is to complete your SEF if you have an inspection due - you are able to answer their questions on there in a much calmer and more considered way than if you leave it to the inspection where you will have to think on your feet more. Dont overcomplicate your EYFS system - ensure the inspector can easily follow your system. Try to evidence the relationship you have with your parents.

Thats that done for another 3 years - yeah :clapping:

Andrea08
30-06-2009, 12:15 PM
:clapping: WOW well done hun :clapping: and thanks for the post very interesting was going to do my SEF today but got looking on the forum so ..:D well happy for you hun but even though your training on safeguarding may need updating you have mentioned it and put an action in place to attend the next training so i think you should get OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS :jump for joy: fab news xxxx

Polly2
30-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Thats great! Tips much appreciated :thumbsup:

marian
30-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Well done! :clapping:

Thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

Marian x

jan
30-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Well done :clapping: thanks for the tips

rickysmiths
30-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Well done thank you for the valuble feedback.

sarah707
30-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Great feedback thank you for that!

Congratulations on your grading! :clapping:

newandlearning
30-06-2009, 05:38 PM
:clapping: :clapping: well done..
I think you should feel really happy for doing a brill job..xx

Allie
30-06-2009, 06:01 PM
What a fantastic insight into your inspection, thanks

Allie

Star
30-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Well done hun, fabulous news. Its so exciting when, our excellent work is recognised.

Star :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy:

Daddy Day Care
30-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the feeedback, fantastatic well doen you :clapping: :clapping:

Gareth
xx

tigger
30-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Congratulations.:clapping: :clapping:

Thanks for the advice on your post I'm sure it will help lots.:thumbsup:

emler
30-06-2009, 06:33 PM
:clapping: congratulations on your grading :clapping:

HENNY
30-06-2009, 09:51 PM
First of all many congratulations and thank you very much for the tips - my inspection is very soon now!:D

ZoeAlli
30-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Congratulations on your inspection. :clapping: :clapping:
Thank you for sharing your tips with the rest of us, they have been very helpful.:)
Zoe

huggableshelly
01-07-2009, 06:51 AM
wow fab feedback ... sounds like you had a wonderful inspector

well done for getting passed it too xxx

mrs c
01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Well Done :clapping: :clapping:

Peppa
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Congratulations

Thank you for the tips! Ofsted just called and said that i dot have to do my sef! However i waffle so will crack on with it me thinks!

Megan
02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Well done its great to hear of someone getting constructive feedback, you must have worked very hard!!

Megan

zillervalley
07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
well done to you, ziller

mayberry
08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Dawn xx

flora
08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
well done :clapping: :clapping:

thanks for taking the time to give us your tips

stressed
13-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Well done you!:thumbsup:

Iroise
27-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your tips and congratulations

mrs c
28-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Well Done - thanks for sharing your tips :clapping: :clapping:

fun house
28-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Well done. Thank you for sharing your tips my inspection is next week.

mpoppins
29-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Well done
I'm just starting up and I'm loving that everyone shares their experiences:clapping:

fun house
31-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Well done. I have my inspection on Wednesday so it was good to read your feedback.

Sharon-H-E
25-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh wow how useful, will def be coming back to this again just waiting for my reg to come through so i can start up and then its the real inspection so this is really great, thanks:laughing:
Congrats on ur grade:clapping:

Tam's Tribe
25-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Firstly, WELL DONE!! :clapping:

Secondly, thank you so much for such value information, my first inspection is due shortly.

Lovies
Tam
x

buildingblocks
25-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Congratulations and well done

jackie_5
26-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Just thought I would add the feedback from my inspection on here : for anyone who is due one:

- she liked my SEF - said it was very reflective - included lots of examples about how I work and my setting - liked that I had included examples of when things hadnt gone to plan - for example: two planning systems that have been abandoned as they were just paper work excersises and did not allow me to refelct on what the current interests of the children were. Said my description of my setting was very accurate (I said that pictures, wipeboard, mirrors etc were all at child level -and reflected my child focused approach). So even though the SEF was a pain - it has certainly paid off.

- liked my partnership with parents - could see via my two way diaries (which include photos) , parent noticeboard, childrens photo and artwork noticeboard , and parent questionaires that I keep in a compliments folder,that our relationship is good and I am valued.

- Like my interaction with the children. Felt it was natural , relaxed ( new little one who has only been with my 1 week was a star!!)- we did free play this morning rather than structured activity - I explained that due to little one only being here a week, we were still exploring and learning what his interests and likes are.

- Like my systems for EYFS - found them very easy to follow - felt that 2 observations a month was ample - the next steps then listed on a monthly planning sheet covered the fact that I was thinking forward. To extend this she thought that I could list a goal within each curriculum area (PSED etc) for each month rather than just a focus one or two which I had been doing.
I dont do weekly planning becuase I follow child interests too much for this to be viable (and could back this up with examples) but due to the way I focus around my monthly plans she said this was good. She liked my starting point obs for new one and questionaire for new one for parents to complete about routines etc.

- Liked outside space and will give feedback on report of developing this further - eg:with keywords etc -also thought inside could be even further developed with key words around the playroom (tables, chairs etc)

- Like individual handtowels and did not have a problem with me not using gloves for nappy changes - I reflected on this in my sef and said that in a setting where I try to teach eco friendly attitudes to children that I could not justify nappies, wipes, anti bac wipes and double bagging only then to add gloves into the equation. Given that I only change 2 sets of nappies, I felt that with good handwashing and anti bac gel I could prevent contamination.

In my SEF I graded myself as good in each area - she said she agreed - actually more than agreed and graded me outstanding in all areas bar one (safeguarding where I got a good becuase, as pointed out in my SEF I have not updated my training in safeguarding since I first registered.). Will get my report in the next couple of weeks and will update this with anything else useful I find in it.

So my biggest tip is to complete your SEF if you have an inspection due - you are able to answer their questions on there in a much calmer and more considered way than if you leave it to the inspection where you will have to think on your feet more. Dont overcomplicate your EYFS system - ensure the inspector can easily follow your system. Try to evidence the relationship you have with your parents.

Thats that done for another 3 years - yeah :clapping:

Thats fantastic to read you inspection, i had the phone call yesterday ! and it could be in the next 3 weeks before xmas, thanks for the tips