PDA

View Full Version : GRRRRR!! Absolutely fuming here.....

helendee
30-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I am having no luck at all in securing any work at the moment and two of my little ones are moving on to nursery in September. I have had a few enquiries lately and they have seemed really keen when they were with me only to phone a few days later to say that they have found someone nearer or decided to go with a nursery!

To cap it all, I have spent the whole morning waiting for a woman and her little boy to arrive, they were due here at 10 O'clock and still no sign of them; to make matters worse I have lost her contact phone number!!!!!!

Why do people treat us in such a cavalier manner? GRRRRRRRRRRRR!:angry:

LittleMissSparkles
30-06-2009, 10:34 AM
im really sorry babe but thats childminding isnt it, up and down, no guarantee of work, I have 2 spaces I would like to fill but its quiet at the moment here too, hope you get some enquiries soon and they work out xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
30-06-2009, 10:37 AM
I am having no luck at all in securing any work at the moment and two of my little ones are moving on to nursery in September. I have had a few enquiries lately and they have seemed really keen when they were with me only to phone a few days later to say that they have found someone nearer or decided to go with a nursery!

To cap it all, I have spent the whole morning waiting for a woman and her little boy to arrive, they were due here at 10 O'clock and still no sign of them; to make matters worse I have lost her contact phone number!!!!!!

Why do people treat us in such a cavalier manner? GRRRRRRRRRRRR!:angry:

Know the feeling, got the T shirt. I have an exercise book where all enquiries go and then I have the numbers.

Andrea08
30-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Know the feeling, got the T shirt. I have an exercise book where all enquiries go and then I have the numbers.

good idea ,,, ill add that to my phone list thanks xx

im free too just got post and its a pk of advertising post cards from Vista Print ,,they look good so if it stopps raining ill start putting them in shop windows etc got one in my window now so lets hope it works ,,,

also got a web site and put in a special offer for free settle-in sessions and one free day if parents sign guest book :D well parents look for childcare with the £££ in sight not the service?

have a look if you like it might give you ideas;
http://fundayschildmindingservice.webs.com

good luck to us both x x x

newandlearning
30-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Andrea what a lovely website.. that's really great.. I want to start doing a website soon.. well done!

RedDragon
30-06-2009, 11:40 AM
It is extremely annoying.

But then again if they turn up and don't pick me I take it personally.

I always think about builders etc who have to go to places (own time/petrol) only to never hear from a job again.

Keep going - work will come along soon.xx.

devoncm
30-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Im in the same boat and nothing around, did stop advertising for a while but think im going to need to do something drastic.

How many people have had enquiries from leaflet drops? ive done a couple in some areas but dont hear anything im wondering weather to try again in another part of town

angeldelight
02-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Hope you get some more calls soon

Angel xx