PDA

View Full Version : leaflet drops

clare78
30-06-2009, 08:33 AM
has anyone tried doing a leaflet drop, i am finding it hard to find work lately at the minute i have no mindees

i thinking of doing a leafet drop in other areas, was wondering if anyone had any calls from doing this and how many leaflets did you do

thanks clare
:) :) :)

Tatjana
30-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Well I recently thought i'd give it a go, after one rather short road I stopped, it took ages! I might try again soon though. Oh and i didn't get any enquiries from that road!

I read on here quite a few success stories in getting mindees from leaflet drops so it does work.

xx

Buzz Lightyear
30-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes I did one in the early days and naughtily, while waiting for Ofsted to process my certificate. I must have done over a hundred houses but I did get two enquiries from it, one of which was my first ever mindee. I was absolutely shattered by the end of it though but felt good for doing it. I live in what I thought was a relatively small village but the houses would go on forever. Needless to say, I didn't get round them all, lol and opted to build myself a website instead so that when parents would search for a childminder in my area, I would be top of Google's list! I have had more or less all of my enquiries from that and despite having mentioned I am now full, am still getting enquiries from people wanting to go on my waiting list :clapping: Websites are definitely the way forward with clever adwords :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
30-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Ive posted about 2000 leaflets in my area and have had 3 enquiries!! But all three are starting so worth it I suppose!

I have had 1 enquiry from being in yellow pages and 1 enquiry from being on CIS.

Louise_Oaktree
30-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Can anyone help me get started with google adwords and does it really work?

uf353432
30-06-2009, 03:07 PM
I had 200 leaflets printed in April, 100 I posted in my village and the other 100 the school sent in their newsletter. All my mindees, bar 1 where I knew mum already, plus mindees starting in Sept cam from the leaflets.

The thing with leaflets is that you may not get immeidate success with them - but if they are well designed and convey the right message people will keep them and call you when they need you - it worked for me. If you can hook up with your local school - then you are sending direct to your target audience. Otherwise nothing to stop you handing them outside the school gate :)

Tam's Tribe
30-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi

Speaking to the chap who cleans our windows (about starting childminding) and he said he would do a leaflet drop for me. I offered to pay him for his service but said he would do it to help me get started and he goes around the neighbourhood for his job.

Just another avenue to think about perhaps . . .

Jules27
30-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I got as far as delivering about 500 and got around 3 or 4 enquiries and 1 mindee so I think its worth it. Will do it again should work dry up. Am contemplating doing some over summer as one mindees mum is messing me about over hours so may do it and if I get an enquiry just see where it leads. Good luck should you decide to do one.

John
30-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I've posted this on here along time ago: One thing works is at halloween when your doing the kids doggy bags, put in a biz card. Or go to your local super market and do a drop (drop a few on the floor:laughing: as you can always say they feel out of your pocket)

I've done a lealet drop but no luck doing this yet.

John.

Buzz Lightyear
30-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Can anyone help me get started with google adwords and does it really work?

It does really work yes, all my enquiries except one has come via my site and all because they've searched "childminder" and "BD20" which is my area.

Adwords works via the content you have in your site. You have to link it and then promote your site with Google. I've done it all for free and I always appear first in the list :clapping:

Louise_Oaktree
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
It does really work yes, all my enquiries except one has come via my site and all because they've searched "childminder" and "BD20" which is my area.

Adwords works via the content you have in your site. You have to link it and then promote your site with Google. I've done it all for free and I always appear first in the list :clapping:

I've been trying to set up the google adwords but it seems to cost per click and then you have to set a monthly budget. I was just wondering what the best keywords were to use and what budget people set?

I can't find out how to use adwords for free though ? :o

singlewiththree
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Needless to say, I didn't get round them all, lol and opted to build myself a website instead so that when parents would search for a childminder in my area, I would be top of Google's list! I have had more or less all of my enquiries from that and despite having mentioned I am now full, am still getting enquiries from people wanting to go on my waiting list :clapping: Websites are definitely the way forward with clever adwords :thumbsup:

I just googled myself just put in Childminder Marple into Google and I'm the only one listed hehe

singlewiththree
01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I've been trying to set up the google adwords but it seems to cost per click and then you have to set a monthly budget. I was just wondering what the best keywords were to use and what budget people set?

I can't find out how to use adwords for free though ? :o

There is google adwords and google adsense. Adwords do charge you per click however if you put adsense on your website and then generate an income from that it can offset the cost. I don't think its worth doing google adwords to be honest as we only have a few spaces however using clever meta tags on your page and listing yourself on google maps is a start.