PDA

View Full Version : Need quick answer - please. Chickenpox.

RedDragon
30-06-2009, 06:48 AM
1 of my sons is off school as he has chicken pox.

His spots appeared Thursday evening.

The children who had not had CP before were advised not to come and no money given to me (only fair).

The other children (4 of them) were still allowed to attend.

1 of the 4 is a before and after school - he attends Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays

So he wasn't in contact Thursday evening when my son came out in spots, it wasn't his day Friday and Monday morning I took him to school but my son was in bed asleep and had no contact. Monday afternoon he didn't attend as he had something else on so I just walked him to the place (my child not present).

Now, just had a text saying I'm not bringing FRED because I'd prefer him to be away from the risk of CP.

Now I know he had them as a baby - a nasty case of them -and had discussed this with mum when 1 of my mindees brought CP into the house 2 weeks ago. He does have diabetes (mum allows me to talk about his condition so not breaching confidentiality).

Question I want answering really is - Have I followed the correct procedure? I'm not supposed to close my Setting am I?

Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to say all facts.

miffy
30-06-2009, 06:51 AM
No, I don't think you've done anything wrong - presumably mum knew about the CP when he came on Monday morning but thought it would be OK as your ds wasn't in contact with her child.

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
30-06-2009, 06:59 AM
It's up to the parents if they still want to come. Rose had c.Pox last month and my mindees still came as they had all had it, i also still did school runs with Rose (pox contagious 2 weeks before spots).

Pedagog
30-06-2009, 07:15 AM
It is possible that she has had advice from his Diabetic nurse.

Also remember that some people do have Chicken Pox more than once, I have had it three times now, twice as a child and once as an adult.

RedDragon
30-06-2009, 07:22 AM
She just called me to say hope I didn't mind her not bringing him - she mentioned his immune system + his diabetes.

So yesterday was my last day with him - he's off to big school now - he came to me for over 5 years.

Lovely phone call off his mum saying what a great job I had done :clapping:

miffy
30-06-2009, 08:47 AM
She just called me to say hope I didn't mind her not bringing him - she mentioned his immune system + his diabetes.

So yesterday was my last day with him - he's off to big school now - he came to me for over 5 years.

Lovely phone call off his mum saying what a great job I had done :clapping:

That's nice of his mum, it's great to be appreciated :)

Miffy xx