PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed!

Fairydust
29-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I have a mindee who comes for one morning a week & up until last week has been fab (he's 2) but last week when Mum said bye he cried for nearly 2hrs! Not just crying but screaming hysterically for Mummy! I tried everything - distracting with a multitude of activities, cuddling, ignoring - you name it I tried it. Eventually fell asleep & was fine when woke up but it was distressing for my other mindees & me! Any advice? Having been minding for 9 years but have never had this kind of behaviour before. I decided to go to the park but he wouldnt go in pram - kicking, hitting, screaming etc. so I gave up as I was exhausted!

sarah707
29-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Poor little man ... and you too! :(

Has anything changed at home?

Fairydust
29-06-2009, 07:55 PM
No nothing! A lovely family! A much longed for baby & they are wonderful, caring parents. Cant understand it & am dreading tomorrow as am really busy & have got a cold!

nannymcflea
29-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Was he a little under the weather or perhaps too tired? Perhaps mum had said something without even realising it that had upset him. hope you have a better day with him next time.

The Juggler
29-06-2009, 08:05 PM
My litte one who's just 2 has just started crying hysterically after her mum every morning for her mum. She is settling well once she's left but it's really upsetting so can't imagine what it's like for you.

Best advice i can offer is it might just be a little phase of wanting to be with mum particularly and not helped by tiredness (in this heat!)

Fairydust
29-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Its so hard when you have other mindees to deal with & tomorrow I have another child of the same age who is a shy, timid wee thing & never normally comes on a day when I have the screamer! Goodness knows how she will deal with the noise. Was supposed to be meeting other ch'minders at library but I just cant. I have been all evening getting some "not seen for ages" toys out that might be a distraction! Wish me luck!