PDA

View Full Version : CRB checks

guest3
29-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi people!

just sending off my application form and medical declaration to OFSTED and wondered how a CRB check is done? is it as a result of these forms being sent off?

sorry to sound daft!

wendy

nannis1980
29-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi there, I believe that when you send the forms off Ofsted add you to the system and a CRB form for you will arrive in the post...

Hope thats correct :D

claireodon
29-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Shortly aftersending my application form to Ofsted, they sent me my blank CRB forms, which I had to complete and give to the inspector at the pre-reg visit. She then checked them and sent them off (a week later) to the CRB people.

AliceK
01-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Shortly aftersending my application form to Ofsted, they sent me my blank CRB forms, which I had to complete and give to the inspector at the pre-reg visit. She then checked them and sent them off (a week later) to the CRB people.

Same here, Ofsted inspector checked them against various points of ID and then sent them off.

xxxxx

Tam's Tribe
01-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeap, I have just done mine recently and I have been hearing horror stories of CRB checks taking anything from 4 weeks to over 12 weeks.

CRB received my forms on 19 June and yesterday was completed on 30 June (I was pleasantly surprised), I am just waiting to receive the disclosure in the post. Apparently delays are down to local police stations . . . anyway, fingers crossed this trend continues and I can be working in time for the school holidays as I have parents waiting, which I dont want to lose.

Good luck and hope your CRB check is super quick.

guest3
06-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I've just had a call from Ofsted tonight to arrange my pre-reg inspection and she confirmed the CRB forms are in the post.

Wendy x

It's a small world
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi people!

just sending off my application form and medical declaration to OFSTED and wondered how a CRB check is done? is it as a result of these forms being sent off?

sorry to sound daft!

wendy

Hi Crb checks are sent before Ofsted come to visit. They then take them away. Once Ofsted take them you can check the process on line - give it a week or so first then . Go on www.crb.gov.uk/line get the phone number and call them and ask them for your application number. You can then track this whenever you want on this website until the disclosure is completed. There are 5 stages - stage four takes forever ....think mine was about4 weeks. But at least you get a rough idea when everything should be ok. Once the disclosure is completed and you receive your copy phone ofsted to check if they have recieved their copy, they should tell you ifyour certificate is in the post. If any problems (mine was social services) just keep phoning Ofsted every week until certificate is in post .Hope this helps.?

Kx