PDA

View Full Version : Feel disappointed and I shouldn't!

claireodon
29-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Just had to share my (irrational) feelings with your all :laughing: Just had a visit from parents who are looking for care for their lo from Aug. Dates are ideal for both of us, I know the little girl from playgroup and I have been recommended (and given glowing praise) by their current cm who is leaving. Seemed to go well - the little girl made herself right at home and spent all the time playing with my dd1 who is a year older (which parents say is unusual as she can be nervous meeting new people). Parents very relaxed, we were very much on the same wavelength about discipline and food, etc. In fact I think she would fit in wonderfully with my 2 dds as she is a lovely girl.

I know its silly :blush: but I can't help feeling disappointed that they really gave no indication about whether they thought they would go with me or not though...obviously it is a big decision for them because their dd has been with current cm for years so I know they need time to think and discuss their options but feel like I have no idea whether they will say yes or no and I have no idea why they would say no IYSWIM. They are going to let me know end of this week/beginning of next...fingers crossed

ORKSIE
29-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I know what you mean, but some parents dont give anything away.
I usually say"I dont expect you to make your mind up now, as this is a big decision and you may have other Minders to see"
The Parent that came to see me last time did go and see another Minder ( she told me she was seeing another) but rang me later that afternoon and said she wanted me to look after her precious little girl. I was over the moon to think that she had chosen ME! well she made the right choice in my opinion:D

sarah707
29-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes it is hard when they do that isn't it?

I usually try and get a time scale from them, for when they will tell me and ask if it's ok if I ring to get feedback as I find that quite useful when planning other interviews.

At the end of the day though you might never know why they pick someone over someone else. I had a parent who looked at me and my friend - they chose me because my friend hadn't hoovered her carpet! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you :D

PixiePetal
29-06-2009, 06:18 PM
well it's in their hands now, you have shown your best and hopefully you will hear from them soon.

I had a family visit who I really liked and just knew it would work for us all but they went to see another 2 minders. One lives 3 doors away. Didn't want to panic but if they picked her I would have given up :blush: Not someone I would recommend :o

They phoned me back that evening and the rest is history - been with me 4 years now and only leaving to go to school. Mum and I have become friends and will stay in touch, he will be welcome back for inset days if I have a space anytime:thumbsup:

Demonjill
29-06-2009, 09:28 PM
If they value their current cm so much and she highly recommended you to them then you should have a very good chance of being "the chosen one"

Fingers x for you:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
29-06-2009, 09:31 PM
fingers x'd for you. there are some really tough aspects of our jobs isn't there:)

Blackhorse
29-06-2009, 09:32 PM
oh I know exactly how you feel.
the parent that came round last week saturday never gave anything away and when I tried to call her back they told me she was on holidays for 2 weeks..so more waiting to do.
I should have asked her to get back to me by a certain date, but never did that either..lesson learned.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! hope they will choose you!

The Juggler
29-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes it is hard when they do that isn't it?

I usually try and get a time scale from them, for when they will tell me and ask if it's ok if I ring to get feedback as I find that quite useful when planning other interviews.

At the end of the day though you might never know why they pick someone over someone else. I had a parent who looked at me and my friend - they chose me because my friend hadn't hoovered her carpet! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for you :D

I had this once and then didn't hear for a week (having told her of course I understood she would want to see others to make sure what was right for her and little one). She wrote me a lovely note when started and on my parent feedback form a year later told me that she had cried herself to sleep after visiting 2 nurseries then came to see me the next day and knew straight away she wanted me.

That was so lovely. But she gave nothing away at our meeting. so fingers crossed for you honey.