PDA

View Full Version : My brain has died, I need help!

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I've drawn a blank after spending the last 3 days doing my Eform, can anyone help me please?!
Answering Quality Statement 1.6 - I encourage children to form positive relationships with others

here's what I have put so far :

I encourage the children to all be nice to each other, to share, to take turns, to include others in their games ( where appropriate) and treat each person with respect. We all help each other out and look out for each other. We have house rules that I put in place that every parents gets a copy of in their info pack.

I have an Equal Opportunity policy in place and each family has a copy in their parents handbook - everyone is treated with respect and fairness and valued for who they are regardless of differences. Activities are for everyone to take part in. I veer away from stereotypes.

Everyone is free to play with whoever and whatever they like. We like taking photographs of what we have been doing, and we display them on the wall and mindees love picking themseleves and thier friends out on it. I feel it encourages them to feel part of a secure unit.

Each child is encouraged to value others for their uniqueness and to respect differences.
We go out into the community a lot to groups and suchlike and the children are encouraged to be friendly, have manners and treat everyone nicely and with respect.

HEYULP!

huggableshelly
29-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm probably coming from totally the wrong angle as I'm brain dead too!

do you need to state activities on promoting the behavious such as role play, caring for the dolls, pet handling showing respect for all living things.

you offer many activities to promote awareness of different cultures by including special events within your setting (worded wrong but chinese new year etc)

if i've got the wrong end of the stick then feel free to beat me with it!

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 05:43 PM
No they are excellent suggestions thank you :D I'd since thought of mentioning how we celebrate birthdays of the mindees and family members and special occasions too.

I have to finish this by tomorrow evening and submit it :eek:

nannymcflea
29-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Could you include how you help children to communicate with each other, for eg if you have a little one how you would help them to to communicate an older child, or a child with an impairment, how you would deal with communication difficulties...

though theres probably a question about that anyway so feel free to ignore me!

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I certainly won't ignore any advice lol!

Blackhorse
29-06-2009, 09:26 PM
could you say something like that you are building good relationships with the children and their parents and that way you can be the childrens role model...