PDA

View Full Version : do you write which ra you do everyday

Helen79
29-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Getting myself in a muddle with RA again. I know ofsted want to see a RA written for every outing but instead of writing a new risk assessment everytime we go out, on my diary I was going to write which risk assessment the outing refers to which I think is how some cm do it.

so say school run is RA no1, I would just write RA1 in my dairy for that day but do I need to write how was with me & the time?

I do drop offs & collect along the way for school run so I tried writing it all out but ended up with it more complicated than it probably needs to be.
For today I had:
RA 1 8.34-9.15pm Child A on walk home
RA 1 2.15 - 3.15pm Child A on walk to school, child B + C on walk home

Any ideas if this is the right way to do it?

huggableshelly
29-06-2009, 01:03 PM
my school run r/a's are in place and updated when children change or within 3 months whichever comes first.

i dont note down each day which ones i've used but if I do have a chnge of routine such as i have a child who doesnt normally come on a school run with me i would write in my diary .. extra child school run 1 r/a altered in order to include xxx for one day ... if it were a regular thing i would update the r/a add the date and why it was updated.

estrelas
29-06-2009, 01:26 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've just done ra with review dates

surely we don't need to new ones every time we go out???? unless a circumstance changes?

MissTinkerbell
29-06-2009, 01:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've just done ra with review dates

surely we don't need to new ones every time we go out???? unless a circumstance changes?

Same here and Ofsted were fine with that. She asked how often I review them and I said annually or whenever circumstances change.

singlewiththree
29-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Same here and Ofsted were fine with that. She asked how often I review them and I said annually or whenever circumstances change.

I'm the same, the only daily RA I do are on the house and then its a case of common sense. I review mine when I need to, if someone new is going on the outing etc but otherwise its annually.

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Visual RA done daily and as you go along - all are reviewed annually or on a new family starting, circumstances changing etc

TheBTeam
29-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I have a full set of risk assessments for all types of outings, i do not write which ra i have used for my standard routine during the week, unless their is a material change. I have done a master sheet though which i plan to use if i undertake a non routine outing during term time and will write down all holiday outings to show which ra i have worked to.

I also note that ras are reviewed after each one is used to make sure still effective and when circumstances/children change.

I have a kitchen ra which i do mark off every day (to show that kitchen meets environmental health stuff) and i have a written ra for house and garden, but i do not sign to say i have done this everyday, i just note in my diary any issues found and whether this resulted in a change to the ra.

If you spend the whole day ticking off ras then we would never go out!

Just made me think of suncream, never ending i give myself a brain ache and am getting through a small forest!:laughing:

The Juggler
28-07-2009, 07:33 AM

My inspector told me one ra statement (covering all the areas obviously (bit like the South Glocs one someone posted) was sufficient. She told me as long as I reviewed it following incidents and made notes/changes and dated them, and signed it once a year, that was sufficient for childminders. I can see how ofsted would like us to have thousands of separate ones but she told me it wasn't necessary.

However, I wish I'd got that in writing in case of my next inspector as I know they're all different.

HELEN10
28-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone cleared up a lot for me now was not sure myself.

HELEN10