PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to get motivated in this heat

miss mopple
29-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I have a 7yr old here on an inset day, as well as 2x 1yr olds and my DD2.

We've been out at a messy play group all morning, but even that was hard work as it was so warm, and have come home, had lunch and the babies have crashed out :thumbsup:

7yr old and DD2 are currently in front of cbeebies as its so hot they dont even want to play, and I havent got the energy to motivate them into something.

Think its going to be a long afternoon!

Anyone else struggling today?

uf353432
29-06-2009, 12:18 PM
yep, I was fine until I picked up the 4 yr old after school who has been just horrible. I have put him and DD1 on front of Cbeebies to relax and cool down for a bit before embarking on an afternoon of something.

huggableshelly
29-06-2009, 01:00 PM
mine have had great fun chaliking on the patio then scrubbing it off with water and scrubbing brushes.

now both are sleeping yay but not for long.

FizzysFriends
29-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Im just want to sit in front of the fan all day!!!

haribo
29-06-2009, 01:36 PM
i was at sports day today watching my niece with 2 2 yr olds , was far too hot we had to sit under the trees so didnt even see any races lol then we came home at 12 30 and they have been asleep since :thumbsup hope your feeling bit more energetic xx

MissTinkerbell
29-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Same here - been out in the paddling pool under the big umbrella but got too hot. Now all 3 are flopped out in front of Playhouse Disney. Trouble is got school run in a mo and its a long one today as have to take DD1 to theatre school - think double pushchair might be in order 2day so all 3 can ride.

georgie456
29-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Ugh today was awful! The school run nearly finished me off. I have 4 under 5's on a Mon and Tues, so it means lugging a big double buggy about and making sure the older two are holding on nicely by the road. Exhausting!!!
I must say I really don't like hot weather - it makes me very grumpy I'm afraid!!!

sarah707
29-06-2009, 06:12 PM
CBeebies can be very informative and educational... especially on days like today :D

ORKSIE
29-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I only had one Mindee this morning, she played in the P Pool this morning, came in for lunch and then sat on sofa and watched TV, we then did some cutting and sticking, it was too hot for anything too energetic:panic:

The Juggler
29-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Ugh today was awful! The school run nearly finished me off. I have 4 under 5's on a Mon and Tues, so it means lugging a big double buggy about and making sure the older two are holding on nicely by the road. Exhausting!!!
I must say I really don't like hot weather - it makes me very grumpy I'm afraid!!!

same here. Was fine in day could come in and cool off but pm school run was a killer with double buggy!