PDA

View Full Version : Info and Advise needed!

amy291286
29-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I've just completed Level 3 in Child Day Care and am thinking about becoming a childminder, my mum has been doing this for 22 years and just become a Nanny instead. The process when she started seems different to now-a-days so she doesnt really know the answers to my questions either.

Where do i start? Although i have the qualification do i still need to do a childminding course? How do i go about this?

Also at the moment i live in a ground floor flat, it's big enough and has a little garden at the back, would this put parents off sending their children to me? I am hoping to move in the next year but won't be for now.

If anyone can give any advise that would be great!

Thanks,
Amy

Tatjana
02-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I've just completed Level 3 in Child Day Care and am thinking about becoming a childminder, my mum has been doing this for 22 years and just become a Nanny instead. The process when she started seems different to now-a-days so she doesnt really know the answers to my questions either.

Where do i start? Although i have the qualification do i still need to do a childminding course? How do i go about this?

Also at the moment i live in a ground floor flat, it's big enough and has a little garden at the back, would this put parents off sending their children to me? I am hoping to move in the next year but won't be for now.

If anyone can give any advise that would be great!

Thanks,
Amy

Get in touch with your local authority, they will tell you who to contact and they'll tell you what you need to do.

Living in a flat won't be a problem!

Good luck!

xx

chewy sweets
02-07-2009, 09:52 AM
yes i'd contact your local authority and they will send you some info in the post. They will let you know when the next childminder breifing session in your area is. At this session you are given all the info you need about the registration process and the checks they do(social services, Dr's CRBS)
At the breifing session you will also be given info on how to get on the ICP course and first aid Course. You also be given the application forms to start the registration process.
If you are sure that cminding is something you want to do my advice is to Start the process as soon can take a while!
Hope this Helps!:laughing: