PDA

View Full Version : Childminding info and advise needed

amy291286
29-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is posted in the right place.

I've just completed Level 3 in Child Day Care and am thinking about becoming a childminder, my mum has been doing this for 22 years and just become a Nanny instead. The process when she started seems different to now-a-days so she doesnt really know the answers to my questions either.

Where do i start? Although i have the qualification do i still need to do a childminding course? How do i go about this?

Also at the moment i live in a ground floor flat, it's big enough and has a little garden at the back, would this put parents off sending their children to me? I am hoping to move in the next year but won't be for now.

If anyone can give any advise that would be great!

Thanks,
Amy

Polly2
29-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi
Yes you will still have to do the introduction to childminding course, but as you already have a level 3 you should find it pretty straightforward.

If you ring your local council they will book you on a course and also give you info on crb checks etc.

I think your flat sounds fine!

You will find lots of help on the forum :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
29-06-2009, 12:42 PM
If you have a look at www.*************.gov.uk you should find your local family information service with details of who to contact.

You will still need to do the childminding course. I presume you already have a pediatric first aid but you will also need a new CRB.

As for the ground floor flat its not a problem with ofsted and as for the parents it shouldn't matter as long as its you they want to look after your child. If moving is definately a possability that is more likely to worry parents as you might be their route to work but then move off it so its worth considering where you would move to now, or not mention it until you are ready.