PDA

View Full Version : the new and exclusive NO MINDEES CLUB

Blackhorse
29-06-2009, 08:37 AM
who wants to join me??

we could do with a thread to encourage each other... exchange ideas on what to do and how to cope and hopefully generate some success stories...

anyone up for ti?

Minstrel
29-06-2009, 01:12 PM
ME!!!

Looks like we are both in a very similar situation! x

Blackhorse
29-06-2009, 01:16 PM
yes it looks that way....:(

the last 2 days all my motivation has disappeared completely....it took me soo long to get registered and now it looks like it will take even longer to get some mindees...
and I can't help to feel that the whole idea of being selfemployed has been a big mistake on my part...Don't get me wrong I would love to start childminding and I think I have finally found what I really really want to do, but if I don't get mindees soon I will have to look for work again...and I cant bear the thought of having to put dd into a nursery or even to another cm...

sorry for the negativity...:panic:

Ripeberry
29-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Can i join? I'm in the no-mindees land of maybe or maybe not. Still waiting to hear from 2 sets of parents who visited just over a week ago. But at least i managed to get my grant form off as one mum who is going to use me for just one afternoon a week has given me a letter that i needed to say that she will be using me in September.
My grant form is running out on 01 July!
Sending good vibes to the rest of this exclusive club so that we get chucked out when we get some mindees! :p

Pippa31
29-06-2009, 05:24 PM
COOL,

I like the sound of this too..........

Daddy Day Care
29-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I dont want to join, because I want some Mindees but looks like im gunna have to join up :(

Gareth
xx

tulip0803
29-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Does the one occasional mindee I have bar me from joining - :rolleyes: or should I just say I can never have them again just so I can join?

Blackhorse
30-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Does the one occasional mindee I have bar me from joining - :rolleyes: or should I just say I can never have them again just so I can join?

LOL...no of course you can join....!!
although we hope you won't have to stay for too long and find mindees quickly!!

Tatjana
30-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Yay! I'm glad you started the thread, i wasn't sure if I should, so good on you!!

Moan, whinge, cry, despair...that's the emotions i go through being mindee-less, lol!

xx

Blackhorse
30-06-2009, 03:19 PM
well I am glad I am not alone in the way I fell Tatjana...
actually it is like a rollercoaster ride at the moment

you have a phonecall and maybe a visit and you are on a high (so to speak) and then the days pass and nobody calls back and no other enquiries and you start feeling rotten again....aaahhh

Tatjana
30-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeh, I know it's so difficult, I keep checking my email only for it to tell me 'Your inbox has no messages':(

xx

tulip0803
30-06-2009, 07:57 PM
LOL...no of course you can join....!!
although we hope you won't have to stay for too long and find mindees quickly!!

Thanks:) . I hope you fill the spaces soon too. :thumbsup:

I had an enquiry yesterday afternoon and it made me feel really good :jump for joy: although I don't think anything will come of it as she lives miles and miles away (18) and doesn't have a job yet :( . Just the fact she rang megave me a boost:thumbsup: sending her my info and I am just off the road she would need to travel if she got a job where she said she was looking so miracles could happen :rolleyes: .

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

There, that feels a teeny weeny bit better.

Had an enquiry yesterday which actually resulted in a visit,(my first) they were ever so keen, even asked to take a contract with them! So I said i would fill it out and pop it through their letter box, which I did, haven't heard a dicky bird since though.

I know it's premature perhaps to expect to hear from them again so soon, but I just feel with my current track record it's not going to happen:(

I'm sick of all the constant waiting:angry:

xx

Stanfield
01-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Well, I have been registered since Sept 08 and had no success so far. Luckily I stayed at my old job until Xmas, then went on maternity leave but that ends in Oct.
With 2 children of my own (10 weeks and2 years) it would not be financially viable to put them in nursery and go back to old job, so must find a mindee by Oct (I only need 1!!!!)
There is only so much advertising I can do though?:huh:

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, I have been registered since Sept 08 and had no success so far. Luckily I stayed at my old job until Xmas, then went on maternity leave but that ends in Oct.
With 2 children of my own (10 weeks and2 years) it would not be financially viable to put them in nursery and go back to old job, so must find a mindee by Oct (I only need 1!!!!)
There is only so much advertising I can do though?:huh:

Exactly, then it's just waiting, waiting, waiting...feel like i'm waiting for nothing.

When I hear about people getting registered and being full within a couple of weeks I think 'how did they do it?' Wish i knew!

xx

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I did some more leaflets in shops today...so there is one in most shops in my area now..at least the one's that let me...
there is a newsagent (50p charge per week, but that's ok), co-op, sainsburies, somerfield...
I even laminated on of the flyers and put in on the fence at the front of the house.

thinking of doing a leaflet drop as well now..as a one off in my area...after that I don't know anymore...

Ripeberry
01-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Another childminder collects a child from our pre-school. I almost got the job back last November but i was only pre-reg and she needed someone straight away. Anyway, this CM works with her sister in the next village and between them they can have up to 12 children!
Worst thing is, that she will carry on collecting the child from the reception class (continuity of care), but at least she is full up! So hopefully not much competition.
Very difficult round here, one of the reasons i don't offer holiday care is that there are TWO after school clubs within a mile of me and one of them offers holiday care 7.30am until 6pm for £20 a day !
How can i compete with that? :(

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
it's hard isn't it...
the childminder down the road from me is full and has a waiting list longer than my arm....
it is really depressing at times...but she said when she started it was the same...so there is HOPE!

Ripeberry
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
That's what she has told me and she is nice about it, but she has told me that any jobs that she can't fill she will let her friends have first choice unless someone specifically wanted my village.
Which i understand.

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
well she said she is giving out my number...so maybe something will come of it...
I just hope that it will be before I run out of my savings as otherwise I need to stop before I even started...and that would be really sad

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
it's hard isn't it...
the childminder down the road from me is full and has a waiting list longer than my arm....
it is really depressing at times...but she said when she started it was the same...so there is HOPE!

Why won't she pass any onto you? Sounds selfish to have a waiting list when you're there with vacancies!

xx

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
well she said she is giving out my number...so maybe something will come of it...
I just hope that it will be before I run out of my savings as otherwise I need to stop before I even started...and that would be really sad

Sorry, I posted before I read this post!

xx

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
no problem..:-)

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
but the waiting list thing is still a bit odd. - to me anyways

there are people on cm's waiting lists but go to other cm's in the meantime until a place is available...not sure if I like that idea to be honest...
but of course if people want to use someone specific they have to put the kids somewhere in the meantime...

Pippa31
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I have heard of chilminders with lists as long as their arms BUT what are the parents doing in the meantime????

The problem I have is, there are so many childminders in my area that have been minding years so its getting my foot in the door........

Hopefully I have one lined up for Sept but it will only be for a year as she starts school next Sept... But a year is better then nowt....

I feel like I am forever waiting for the phone to ring......

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
In the case of being used whilst on a waiting list for another cm you can always hope that they will see how happy the child is with you and they won't bother moving them when the time arises:thumbsup:

Talking of hope....the contract I delivered yesterday has been signed and they are starting on Tuesday!:jump for joy:

So if they actually turn up i'll be graduating from this thread!:clapping:

xx

Andrea08
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
hi every one please can i join,,,

i have over 8's for an hr or so after school only and want a full time baby b4 i make one of my own :D

ive visited vista print and had post cards printed ready to put up in shop windows so its now a waiting game,,

dont think my BF wants a baby so fingers crossed a family ring me soon xx

Tatjana
01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
hi every one please can i join,,,

i have over 8's for an hr or so after school only and want a full time baby b4 i make one of my own :D

ive visited vista print and had post cards printed ready to put up in shop windows so its now a waiting game,,

dont think my BF wants a baby so fingers crossed a family ring me soon xx

Aww bless you, I hope you get a baby very soon...preferably your own:thumbsup:

xx

Andrea08
01-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Aww bless you, I hope you get a baby very soon...preferably your own:thumbsup:

xx

ha:eek: noooo thats why im a childminder pmsl ohhh my BF just fainted he thinks ive a bun in d oven not the pizza lol x x x

has every one seen the thread about free advertising for childcare? www.childminderfinder.??? something?

lv andrea

Blackhorse
01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
yes I saw the link and added myself straight away..can't hurt!

Andrea08
06-07-2009, 08:53 AM
well i added myself days ago and if i look for myself under Blackpool im not there??? i have to surch through all the list to find me??? oh well it might work fingers crossed for us all work could be round the corner :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
06-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I've just e-mailed the other parents who came to visit me almost 3 weeks ago, to see if they still need me for September as i can't stand the NOT knowing! Heard back from the other familly but they need a childminder closer to their home and not close to work (the dad only works accross the road from me).
He said he would return my info pack, but not received it yet, only accross the road mate :mad:
I've prepared some new advertising leaflets on photo paper so they look more professional and i've blitzed the local area with them! :)
Next, i'm going to send some to all the local schools, asking them to be put on the teachers' noticeboards, as i'm term-time only.
Can't think of what else to do? :huh:

Ripeberry
06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Yay! Hoorah!, Just had an e-mail back (see my message above) and the mummy she say YES!
She is still waiting to move house and will come along to sign the contract asap.
So i'll have a little baby boy from September...so exited! :clapping: :jump for joy:
Can i still stay in the club, as technically i don't have any mindees until next term? ;)

mrsslosh
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I am not yet registered as I only sent my forms off on Thursday of last week. I am very very worried about getting Mindees through the door. Does anybody know if I it would be a good idea to start advertising now??? I could say that I was "nearly registered" childminder reserving spaces now! What do you think good idea or very bad?
:idea:

Ripeberry
06-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Might as well get your foot in the door now. Just give yourself a realistic date when you'll be available. But in the meantime you can show people around your setting and go through your policies. :)

Ripeberry
06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
This is what we want....membership of the club going....DOWN

mrsslosh
06-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Thank you ripeberry,

I have had flyers printed today and agreed with the manager of the local toddler group that I can put them up in there and also she will e-mail all her contacts. I have posted an advert in the childminding section of NetMums and Childcare.co.uk so fingers crossed I may get some enquiries.

brightstar
06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
It took 7 months for me to get my first mindees, then 5 came along at once. I had a 5ft banner made, which I hung outside my house. It worked after about 8 weeks and i've since had to refuse another full timer.So take heart, it will happen in the end.

mrsslosh
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Well only 2 days ago I started advertising as New Childminding Service taking bookings for September and I have had my first enquiry :clapping:

suet
08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello, i hope you realise that this club is only a temporary one!! Calls will come just be patient.

Try advertising on Netmums.co.uk they are great and then there is childcare.co.uk both really good sites and i had loads of calls and e-mails form them

All the best,

Sue t

Blackhorse
08-07-2009, 05:52 PM
well I hope it is temporary...but I am on ALL of these pages and nothing!!

Andrea08
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Well done ripeberry :clapping:

I too am on all these sites and nothing yet,

ive just left a new thread (a bit long) but with bad news,, my unempolyment insurance wont pay out a penny im left now with £76 saveings and from the
1st august the next lot of direct debits will come out of an empty bank:eek:

im so scared now realy dont know what to do except ive canceled the waste of time insurance policies./. did you know because i dont have a P45 i wont be able to clame anything!!!

do i give up n sign on the dole?

realy upset today sorry love andrea x x

Ripeberry
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh i'm so sorry Andrea. Do you have any familly that can help?

Andrea08
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
hi ,, no family that can help, mum n dad both retired and living on basic pensions, brother just about manages on his £240 week wages,, and my X husband has a new family and just about pays his maintanance each week,,

ive saved well and used it to pay the bills for one month and the shopping for 2 weeks and thats why im ok till the 1st of August but only got the £76 cash left.

never used my overdraft in about 5years,, think its time i'll have to.

been out advertising today too and half the shops wont put my card up??

hair dressers and post office and the market but the others said no:eek:

schools said they can't endorse me just incase something went wrong:eek:

and nurserys said why advertise you when we have vacancies!!!

next to no enquiries are coming through with our local family information service... its not good news

yet one cm in my area who has not worked with EYFS and she told me well what is it!!! is full :angry: she had an inspection and was told she lucky she not shutting her down her words ,,,,,"we have not worked with the standards since sept 08' what have you been doing? overall satisfactory and just because the children are happy and safe work with EYFS and i want to see the improvements next visit"

I only stayed with this woman for 5hrs on my sunday to help her understand EYFS and what she needed to do etc and she has practicaly forgot everything i said :angry: i give up

sorry im realy upset today and my posts are getting long x x x x

chewy sweets
10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi can i join? Not quite registered yet just waiting for pub lib insurance and my certificate. Had 3 enquiries where i posted info out but not one has got back to me yet?
Don't know whether i sholud ring them??? Don't want to come across too desperate but getting that way if i don't get mindees pretty soon after registering!:panic:

Blackhorse
10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
oh no sorry to hear this andrea!!
I hope things will work out for you quickly...

and katieskatie..you are welcome to joing, but we'd rather you didnt have to stay for too long and get yourself some mindees :D :D

About phoning back...I am the same...I phoned someone back though as even if it is a NO i know for definate...I hate not knowing for sure...It might not bring any mindees but it brings me peace of mind...so to speak..

Sleeping Baby
15-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Agghh Just been watching GMTV and they were saying how difficult it was to find childcare for the summer! I'm here:clapping: Can you see me? They were saying about cost as well but surely if income is that low help can be got from Tax Credits (well it did for me) Also care for the over 12's again I'll take 'em OK got that off my chest, Im sure many of you feel the same frustration (you may even be able to spell it!):blush:
Hope the phone rings today for all of us,
Sleeping Baby

Blackhorse
15-07-2009, 10:03 AM
well..possibly good news.
a mum I know from mothers and toddler is going on a 16week course from september onwards to get back into work..
and I think she wants me to look after her little boy..so maybe this will work out now!!

(and if she goes back to work it might actually turn into a long term thing too)

Frustration..yes know hat that feels...hope though I can replace it soon with success!!

Good luck to all of us struggling to find mindees!!

chewy sweets
15-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Fingers crossed for you!!!!:clapping:

Sleeping Baby
15-07-2009, 10:33 AM
:jump for joy: The phone rang, may have a small amount of work for the summer holidays! Yip ee. Must be all the good vibes comming from the computer when you post a message! You could be seeing a lot of posts from me to test that out:laughing:
Good luck all
Sleeping Baby

Tatjana
15-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Good news Nicole, fingers crossed!:thumbsup:

xx

Sleeping Baby
15-07-2009, 02:48 PM
OK This is spooky I have had another phone call for three children four hours for two days! Her child care cost is to be paid for her, I'm telling you it works get posting quick. Blackhorse have you heard any more? I am trying to send out whatever it is I am getting from posting to everyone on this thread.
Sleeping baby

fucshia
15-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi

I've been registered since may. I have had a couple of enquiries but nothing else. I'll join you all as nothing in sight as yet!!!!

Hope we all get mindees soon, but in the meantime Hi everyone!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
16-07-2009, 07:26 AM
OK This is spooky I have had another phone call for three children four hours for two days! Her child care cost is to be paid for her, I'm telling you it works get posting quick. Blackhorse have you heard any more? I am trying to send out whatever it is I am getting from posting to everyone on this thread.
Sleeping baby

ha good for you..
no havent heard anything else yet...but hopeful that my september mindee will turn out

Andrea08
16-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi every1, sorry not been on the forum for a few days had loads to do,,

anyway i wanted to tell you the good news i got a call for an over 8yr old for two nights after school starting september and mum phoned me because i was the only person with a web site and my ofsted report available,, :clapping:

also a call for a 2yr old mon -fri 8am - 5pm :clapping:
BUT
my DO is leaving and im going to miss her loads but her job is up for grabs and ive been told i should apply ?????????????????

good job my mum is taking me and DS away for holiday,,time 2 think x x x

Tatjana
16-07-2009, 03:41 PM
What great news Andrea, you must be a bit relieved now!:thumbsup:

xx

diz01
17-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I would love to join this!!!!!

I had a full time job, which was good pay, and was off on maternity when I took my training then. I was umming and arring whether to stay at work until i get a child, but when I was picking my son up from school I would speak to a childminder who said i would have no problems getting kids as her phone was ringing constantly so spoke to my husband and we decided that when I do my month back from maternity i would hand my notice in and leave that month, which i did. well that was in January and now it is july and I still have no kids to mind. I have had 2 calls, which were only this week, one parent visit which was yesterday so don;t know what will come of that yet. We have used all of our savings all the kids savings visas are Maxed out so really don;t know what we are going to do next month!!! I have started ebaying everything that we don;t use and clothes that don;t fit us any more just to bring some money in. Spoke to the same childminder again a couple of weeks ago and she now tells me that she has been quiet for ages and it took her 3 years to get her first child so i know i shouldn't be angry with her but if she was honest with me in the first place then i wouldn't have give up my job. I have now been told by my old work friends that they are being offered redundancy and if I stayed and took redundancy i would have got £20,000 because of the length of time I was there, so i am feeling slightly down at the moment. We want to sell our car but in the current climate no one wants to buy so we are completly stuck too. I am learning lots of different things to do with mince meat though as a cheap meal ha ha

clare's bears
17-07-2009, 11:00 AM
What great news Andrea, you must be a bit relieved now!:thumbsup:

xx

well done andrea,, and a mum at my children's centre needs 2 and half days a week too,, talk soon hope it all works out.
clare x

Tatjana
17-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I would love to join this!!!!!

I had a full time job, which was good pay, and was off on maternity when I took my training then. I was umming and arring whether to stay at work until i get a child, but when I was picking my son up from school I would speak to a childminder who said i would have no problems getting kids as her phone was ringing constantly so spoke to my husband and we decided that when I do my month back from maternity i would hand my notice in and leave that month, which i did. well that was in January and now it is july and I still have no kids to mind. I have had 2 calls, which were only this week, one parent visit which was yesterday so don;t know what will come of that yet. We have used all of our savings all the kids savings visas are Maxed out so really don;t know what we are going to do next month!!! I have started ebaying everything that we don;t use and clothes that don;t fit us any more just to bring some money in. Spoke to the same childminder again a couple of weeks ago and she now tells me that she has been quiet for ages and it took her 3 years to get her first child so i know i shouldn't be angry with her but if she was honest with me in the first place then i wouldn't have give up my job. I have now been told by my old work friends that they are being offered redundancy and if I stayed and took redundancy i would have got £20,000 because of the length of time I was there, so i am feeling slightly down at the moment. We want to sell our car but in the current climate no one wants to buy so we are completly stuck too. I am learning lots of different things to do with mince meat though as a cheap meal ha ha

OMG you poor thing. That cm that told you she was always busy should be shot, cheeky mare.

Really hope things pick up for you asap.

xx

diz01
17-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks tatjana me too xxxxxxx

Sleeping Baby
18-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi Diz01 Have you advertised EVERYWHERE you can think of? FIS site, Mumsnet (just had a placement from there only for the summer holidays but better than nothing) Facebook, local childrens centre, local schools if they will let you and they have not closed for the summer, other childminders (other than that 2very nice lady")
An idea, I have been asking around my group of childminders to see if they do babysitting, they don't because they are doing plenty during the day but say they have been asked by parents sooooo.. I have asked if it would be cheeky for me to give them a card to pass onto their parents for babysitting only. One childminder has said she has a parent who will deffintly go for it. I know it is not what we signed up for but needs must:panic: Could this work for any of you? Carefull how you approch it but if you have a good relasnoship with other c/m's it may get some pennies in.
Sleeping Baby

Andrea08
19-07-2009, 05:08 PM
well done andrea,, and a mum at my children's centre needs 2 and half days a week too,, talk soon hope it all works out.
clare x

wow it is gr8 news,, got a home visit to do on monday morning (girl needing 2 n half days) thanks clare x x x and 2nd visit from the 2yr old (settle-in session) and over 8's in the week,,

many thanks for thoes who wished me well it worked but ill still pop in to wish you all good luck x x x x

Bitsy Beans
20-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I was going to be a paid up fully fledged member of the group and then I had a mum come round today and I got the job. OK it's only 1 day a week but thats better than the drought I've been experiencing :clapping:
Lets hope she doesn't mess me around like the others......

Stanfield
20-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Not only do I still have no children but I have just discovered a new childminder has started in the area who looks brilliant! Great!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Andrea08
10-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Not only do I still have no children but I have just discovered a new childminder has started in the area who looks brilliant! Great!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

but what about you hun,,, your brilliant too remember that xx

my new mindee started last monday (first day with me and ofsted turned up) and parents are already questioning payments,,:angry:

this month there are 5 weeks even though the monday is the 31st,,i still have to feed him for the tues, wed, thurs and friday,,,and mum is thinking of giving me just one days pay for the monday!!!!!!!!

ive invfoiced her for the full amount and now i find out she gets childcare payments from the NHS on the 3rd friday of the month then she will send my payments by standing order which she said could take 3 working days to clear:angry:

sorry but that dont sound like PAYMENT IN ADVANCE!!! I have to wait till the end of the month for a penny and like i said there are 5 wks this month how am i to pay for everything? ohhhhh glad i have work but wish i was paid when agreed.

good luck every1 work is on its way to us all x:thumbsup: