PDA

View Full Version : The sun and heat.

FussyElmo
29-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Ok so my normal rountine on a Monday is to go to todler group walking takes about 20 mins there 30 mins back. We then have dinner then go the the library 45 mins walk stay there for 45 mins and then come home another 45 mins walk. Usually Dh or FIL collects my elder children up from school they do clubs afterwards.

However today dh is at work and FIL is out so From the library i would have to go to the park and wait till collecting them.

So today I would leave at 12.45 for the library and not get in till about 4.40. Now I think that this is too long to be out in the sun especially how hot it is. But mindees mum has said no its fine.

What would you do as mindee is 2 1/2 and very fair skinned. My children are 2 1/2 and 1:)

miss mopple
29-06-2009, 07:23 AM
As long as you are well stocked with suncream/ water/ hats etc I dont see a problem, but personally I wouldnt go as I find they all get really crabby if in the heat too long.

I thought about doing the park for the day but its too hot out there even for me so we'll be doing indoor activities with the odd trip into the garden here

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I think it's fine as long as there are shady places, you have lots of drinks and the children are well covered in loose light clothing with a hat and plenty sun cream.

It'll be you suffering more pushing them around I think!!

Probably just as hot inside anyway.

tinkerbelle
29-06-2009, 08:52 AM
i would skip the library and stay home then take them to the park before school pick up sorry but i would not want to take kids out for too long in this weather and the tv is warning parents not to take babies out

Blaze
29-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I have a pop up sun tent, that I stick on the pram & take with me in these situations & on days out...sorry not much help if you don't have one...but it's what I do!:)

The Juggler
29-06-2009, 09:05 AM
As long as you are well stocked with suncream/ water/ hats etc I dont see a problem, but personally I wouldnt go as I find they all get really crabby if in the heat too long.

I thought about doing the park for the day but its too hot out there even for me so we'll be doing indoor activities with the odd trip into the garden here

me too out in garden under gazebo but need to be close to house so they can cool off if necessary and free access to lots of water.

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 09:49 AM
see the MET OFFICE HEATWAVE WARNING thread

FussyElmo
29-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Cheers for that did decide to forgo the library just as how hot it was going to school. Glad I did as it took nearly 50 mins to walk home from toddlers. We have been outside in the garden and done our own story time:) Just inside now having dinner!!!

Thanks George I have printed out the weather waring to show mum!!!