PDA

View Full Version : Another one!! You have to laugh at the prices sometimes!

Lady Haha
28-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Just found this on the childcare section of my local netmums. She is advertising herself as a babysitter, but looking at her site, the childcare she offers seems very similar to childminding!

http://www.vickyminds.co.uk/babysitting.html

I have emailed her pretending to be a parent looking for care and asking if the care is in her house or mine.....

It does make you mad, when you spend so much time doing all the paperwork etc, not to mention the whole process of becoming a childminder when someone comes along and does this!

If she replies saying she can care in her home, I will report her cos I'm feeling evil today!

ORKSIE
28-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Will be interesting to see her reply:)

sophiestars
28-06-2009, 10:07 PM
she is so obviously illegally childminding - report her - it makes me soooooooo cross!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Cazz
28-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Mmm that does look a bit odd - she does a bit of everything from childminding (sorry, babysitting :D ), cleaning kids bedrooms and bathrooms, laundry, cleaning pet cages to house-sitting!!

I suppose it could be in people's own homes then she can just go ahead and clean the kids bedrooms and charge extra for it!!

It'll be interesting to hear her reply.

Carole x

Lady Haha
28-06-2009, 10:12 PM
What makes me laugh is her prices! 5.00 an hour! And she is charging an extra 8 quid to take older kids to softplay!

Why would a parent choose her???? And more to the point, why doesn't she just become a childminder?

Demonjill
28-06-2009, 11:03 PM
lol says she wont clean out spiders etc lol bet she would like one through the letter box lol

sorry i like evil too - well i am demon jill hee hee:laughing:

Pudding Girl
29-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Hopefully it's in the childs own home, seems it may be as she says on Home page that she works at a preschool so....?

Deb
29-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Why doesnt she just register as a childminder?

little chickee
29-06-2009, 09:38 AM
This does look like babysitting in the childs own home to me which is allowed of course. If she can charge £5 per hour for babysitting and then extra on top for housework and get people to hire her then good luck to her.

Blackhorse
29-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I think it looks like babysitting to me too.
and on top of that she is offering to do housework, tyding..caring for the animals...

maybe not a bad deal if parents need all of the above... and get it in one person.

can't see what is wrong with that...and don't see the need for her to be a childminder either (as long of course she isn't looking after them in her own home)

will be interesting to see her reply though.

LittleMissSparkles
29-06-2009, 10:20 AM
i wouldnt want her to live in my house for £30 a week sounds dodgy as ..... lol

MissTinkerbell
29-06-2009, 10:46 AM
You have to ask though, if she's a deputy manager of a preschool and runs various other groups, when is she going to find the time to do all this babysitting and house cleaning?

Interesting to see reply though.

georgie456
29-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Just found this on the childcare section of my local netmums. She is advertising herself as a babysitter, but looking at her site, the childcare she offers seems very similar to childminding!

http://www.vickyminds.co.uk/babysitting.html

I have emailed her pretending to be a parent looking for care and asking if the care is in her house or mine.....

It does make you mad, when you spend so much time doing all the paperwork etc, not to mention the whole process of becoming a childminder when someone comes along and does this!

If she replies saying she can care in her home, I will report her cos I'm feeling evil today!

Did she reply to your email?????!!!!

venus89
29-06-2009, 07:24 PM
It probably is babysitting at home as she talks about prices varying depending on where the client lives.....

I'll bung in someones washing and then hang it on the line for £12 - whilst cleaning out their animals for extra money. the woman's resourceful, you ahve to say that for her!

jibberjitz
29-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Cant wait to see what the reply is :)

Helen79
29-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Blimey, I'm going to tell parents to bag their washing up & bring it here, I'll wash & dry it while the kids are here for an extra 12quid an hour :laughing:

Tatjana
29-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Blimey, I'm going to tell parents to bag their washing up & bring it here, I'll wash & dry it while the kids are here for an extra 12quid an hour :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How thick we all are not to have thought of this before!!!

xx

Andrea08
30-06-2009, 09:35 AM
any news???? what did she say

Mouse
30-06-2009, 09:44 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How thick we all are not to have thought of this before!!!

xx

Do you know what, I have thought of it before!!

I've never done it, but I have wondered how many parents would appreciate someone doing their washing for them. I'd draw a line at the ironing though. I don't even do my own, so I wouldn't do someone else's :laughing:

Lady Haha
30-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Funnily enough, no reply as yet! If she is legit, then fair enough, she is offering a good service. I was just confused about the taking the kids out on days out in school hols! We all know that looking after kids in your house is minding and it's babysitting if it's at their house, but what about when it's in neither!

I'm not personally threatened by her, she isn't in my area, but I was just interested to find out about her childcare service!

If she ever replies I will let you know!

Tatjana
30-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Hmmm...and it's called Vickyminds, not Vickysits, lol!

xx

Star
30-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Mmmmmmmmm, I agree with you all, looks a bit iffy. Very pricey. Just hope for the childrens sakes she is doing everything the correct way. How can you do all that and care for the children corectly? Lets hope she is doing either/or and not everything at once. Fingers crossed you get a reply and its a good one. If not what ever way you look at it children could be put at risk!!

Star:(

sunnysmile
30-06-2009, 06:33 PM
:eek: bloomin heck it would cost me £460 to get all my hutches cleaned out :eek: I am in the wrong job.

Lady Haha
01-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi, well I got my reply! To be fair to her, the first thing she says is 'as I am not a registered childminder, I need to babysit at your house'.

And she also goes on to say that she is only available for after school and holidays.

Good luck to her, but I can't see her getting much holiday work!

katickles
01-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I was just going to ask if she'd relied:laughing:

Playmate
01-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I had a cleaner who did very similar work to this but called herself a Nanny. She was a bit of a Mary Poppins. All the children she cared for were school age and during term time did all sorts of odd jobs to make ends meet. It worked for her and she was a lovely person to have round the house, very often if she was cleaning for me and we had a crisis (as does happen :D ) she would drop what she was doing and help the children and the children loved her! Unfortuanely due to loosing several children this year I can't afford her anymore :(
If this lady is prepared to put the hours in and do other peoples dirty work, I'm sure in some areas there is a demand, good luck to her!