PDA

View Full Version : Process of Variations?!?!

hollybritten
28-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Hello

Can someone tell me the process of variations?

As in what you have to do and what Ofsted ask for

Thanks alot :)

little chickee
29-06-2009, 10:03 AM
when i needed a variation i phoned the Care Commission ( i'm in Scotland) at told them i wanted to go over my numbers for a short while. I was sent out a form to fill in detailing want i wanted and why - My CCO came out for a quick chat and the variation was granted. Took about 10 days.

gigglinggoblin
29-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I have just applied to start using my garden. You can do it by email to ofsted and they forward it to your local dept. I sent a word doc with an explanation of what was there and lots of photos, then also sent my risk assessment. You need to sign it so scan signature and copy it on if you ar doing it that way and if you put a time you need it donee by I am told it helps. Am waiting to hear back, was told it should be sorted in about 2 weeks.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-06-2009, 12:35 PM
It depends on what variation you need:

1. If you want to have 2 under 2's

2. Addtiional numbers

If you write to Ofsted explaining what you want they will send you the details.

For additional number I send them a grid showing what children I will have and the hours and highlight when I need them

If you put more detail on here or pm me I will try and help more

singlewiththree
29-06-2009, 12:47 PM
1. email ofsted with your requirements, dont forget to include a scanned in signature.

2. They will email a reply to say they have received your email

3. They will email a NO or phone you with a we want more information.

4. A letter will come in the post with a confirmed NO or a grid sheet asking for more information on a variation of ratios.

5. Post the grid back

6. You wiill get a phone call saying yah or ney

7. Your confirmation letter and certificate ammended will come in the post. You can not go over your numbers until the new certificate is here. The variation will be just for those days/times and child that you stated and you can not substitute for another child.

edayhouse
30-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi
I am also in Scotland and i recently applied for a variation and this is how it went

1. i phoned the care commission and they sent me out a variation form
2. i sent the form back
3. approx 3 weeks later i still hadnt heard anything so i emailed me CCO
4. my CCO called me, asked me a few questions about current numbers etc then said to go ahead with my additional afterschooler
5. i am waiting for my new certificate

hope this helps