PDA

View Full Version : July enquiry

Jen4Kids
28-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I had a call last week from a couple wanting 2 weeks cover for their 2yr old boy from the middle two weeks in July, they came the next day and seemed really keen wanting to pencil him in, and went away - i then realised i didnt have a phone number :eek: Finally on Friday night they called back (phew!!) but they suddenly needed care to start from the 1st July (Wednesday), luckily i can do this. She is phoning on Monday to confirm things and id like to visit hers to do the tempary contract and to meet the little chap (he didnt come first time)

But, she now wants me to drive her boy to his nursery from 9-1pm every day (not mentioned on first visit) I told her i couldnt as my children go to school for 9am (we walk) plus on one day ill have 6 children and only a 6 seater car

I was thinking, either he doesnt go to the last 2.5 weeks or nursery or his mum gets him there for 9am and i collect at 1pm. Also ive got a preschool trip next week with my dd and my mindee so id either have to ask to take the new mindee, tell mum i cant have him on that day or let my dd and mindee go on the trip without me (not fair on my dd and mindee is only going cause i am)

Arggg this seems so complicated..........well done if you got this far xx

little chickee
29-06-2009, 10:00 AM
If this is only for a weeks frankly i don't think i would bother - it all seems far too complicated for just a few weeks. But i am feeling a little lazy just now!! cant wait for the holidays!!

Buzz Lightyear
29-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Must admit, dont think I'd bother either if it's not an ongoing thing. Sorry :( Just typical of parents though to add extra bits into the mix isn't it. I've lost count the number of times this has happened to me! :eek:

edayhouse
30-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I ended up helping out a parent when her childminder was on holiday, these holidays got more and more regular and to be honest for the money it wasnt really worth the extra hassle - lots of rushing about etc....would perhaps rethink...

Good luck whatever you decide
x

Jen4Kids
30-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Update

The parent phoned me on monday to check it was still ok and said she had told his nursery that he wasnt going in for the last 3.5 weeks, She is coming tonight to sign a short term contract and he is starting tomorrow

Only thing is, i gave her an old price list by mistake which said £30 for the day - its now £31.50 from 8-5.30pm, She reminded me she needs until 6pm, which would be double time for the extra half hour, which in total would be £35.00 for the day - ive under sold myself for £5 per day (he is doing a total of 18 days) :angry: :angry:

Good news about the preschool trip, he can come if the parent wants him too :thumbsup:

She is coming at 7pm, im going to be brave and say there had been a confusion with the price and ill meet her half way - or ill chicken out and not mention it lol