PDA

View Full Version : I just want to get started!!!

girlygirl
28-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I will keep this brief cos its a very long story otherwise!.....Did my ICP exam in Dec, had my course cert in Jan, Had my mentoring session on 28th Jan. Thats when I started work on all my policies and procedures. Had a meeting with CSSIW (I am based in S. Wales) on 9th April to submit my application along with policies, all letters ie. Doctors, CRB's and Social services. By Sat 16th May I was told that everything was back and All I was waiting for was the inspector to ring me to arrange my inspection.......

By Wed 10th June I had rung CSSIW 9 times and left 9 messages each time being told they are in a meeting, on leave, off sick, short staffed!:angry: Endless excuses!!! On Thurs June 11th the inspector finally returned my call but basically told me that she is very busy, they are short staffed and she isn't going to even look at my file until the middle of July, no promises though because she has some annual leave due! :eek: She also said that she was waiting for the SS ref, I said I wastold this was back by 16th May. She argues that it's not there!!

What shall I do?? All I want is to start earning a living! It Was Sept 08 when I had my briefing session, the process seems endless and I am so frustrated :mad: What makes it worse is the area I live in had no funding for the ICP course and I paid for it myself...I am £344 out of pocket with not a lot to show for it! Sorry for the rant:(

Any advice will be very much apprecaited
Xx

sarah707
28-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately it's a story we hear on here too often and there's not a lot you can do once you have been allocated an inspector... she will get round to you eventually. :rolleyes:

There are lots of our members who will sympathise with how frustrating it is for you.

I hope you can be patient a little longer... and that you enjoy the forum while you are waiting :D