PDA

View Full Version : do you use a spreadsheet for seeing who you are minding

newandlearning
28-06-2009, 04:45 PM
hi.. I'm thinking I need to be a bit more organised over the summer so I can see
who is here, when and hence the best activities/outings to organise during each day.. do you have a table showing the days of week and LOs with you.. or some other wayd of organising this..?

any help would be great.. thanks a lot.xx

FizzysFriends
28-06-2009, 05:01 PM
For the summer holidays I have a large calander, 4 pieces of A4, which I put a grid on with the dates using excel. Its on the wall with the intital and age of the children I have on any particular day.

Mollymop
28-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I think it would if I had loads of mindees but I have 6 on my book and they are all part time, some before and after school.

My sister sais she would have to write down who is coming and when but i am good a remembering when they are all here.

In the holidays I only have 2 mindees you see, the rest are term time only.

Guess I haven't helped you at all really have I? haha

patevans
28-06-2009, 06:41 PM
hi.. I'm thinking I need to be a bit more organised over the summer so I can see
who is here, when and hence the best activities/outings to organise during each day.. do you have a table showing the days of week and LOs with you.. or some other wayd of organising this..?

I do a weekly ratio grid, I have blank ones which I use in the school hols!

miffy
28-06-2009, 06:43 PM
I have one I adapted from Bromley - it's in the other downloads section

Miffy xx

newandlearning
28-06-2009, 07:07 PM
arr... thanks I'd not looked on the other downloads before.. have done a weekly calender now I hope that helps me get my head around things.xx

Daftbat
29-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Definitely - i use one every week and colour code it for the age groups of the children. WOuld be completley lost without it.

huggableshelly
29-06-2009, 06:54 AM
I have a weekly one that is colour coded to differ ages groups too that adapts to school hols.

I have too many on my books often stand in the playground waiting for all parents to leave, then any children left over are mine! well not quite like that really lol but it works with the names grid too.

newandlearning
29-06-2009, 11:45 AM
hi ladies.. do you all use one like the bromley website..does anyone have one they would be happy to PM me? I really appreciate it.xx

The Juggler
29-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I've used it to work out if I can take on children before where I've had up to 11 part-timers, just to make sure they didn't cross or to see the numbers each day/school run to make sure I was happy with numbers/safety (as it included lots of over 8's).

Don't use it daily though

huggableshelly
29-06-2009, 12:36 PM
HERE IS A BLANK OF THE ONE I USE
(ugh caps)
feel free to change the number to age groups or stick with colour coding .. infact do what you like with it to meet your needs.

newandlearning
01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
thanks .. I've had a look and have now made one up that I think should
work well for me..x

balloon
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I bought a family organiser type block calendar. (week to a page)

At the head of each row of blocks (for the week), I write 'under 1, 1 to 5, 5 to 8. BS, AS and then fill in the days as appropriate.

huggableshelly
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
yw glad you were able to get an idea on how to set it out

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 08:33 PM
I made this one myself

Maybe its abit ott though......works for me

Zoomie
19-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I made this one myself

Maybe its abit ott though......works for me

this is brilliant :D .

Might steal in for next year :)

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 08:54 PM
this is brilliant :D .

Might steal in for next year :)

Thanks ...I do try :)

Daisy1956
19-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for sharing I hadn't thought of doing a sheet always relying on my memory but this is a good idea and colour coding the ages makes it easy to see and decide on activities.

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Thats true

Ans when the fone rings i no when i have spaces as i can have a quick nosie :)

juejue
19-09-2010, 09:15 PM

I use this one for mindees

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I have seen somthin simalar on bromleys

Im a stickler for times though :blush::laughing:

juejue
19-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I have seen somthin simalar on bromleys

Im a stickler for times though :blush::laughing:

Probably were I got it from, but I have the times at the top eg 7.70 am - 9 am
before school. 9am - 12pm mornings 12 pm- 3 pm afternoons and 3pm - 6pm after school.......the mindees names in the days I have them.

Chimps Childminding
20-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I use this one for mindees

Thanks for that - its simple enough for me - don't have loads of mindees, but this way I can see at a glance who I have got on what days, and more importantly what spaces I have! :thumbsup: