PDA

View Full Version : social services

jaytravis
28-06-2009, 01:39 PM
when i was talking to our headmaster he said thats ss were going to ring me bout the girls i look afetr and said thats ss asked if i was one of their cms how does that work do u have to register with them and would it be emcare etc
just interseted
thanks

Carol
28-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Soz didnt want to read and run, hopefully someone will come along to help in a bit xxx

haribo
28-06-2009, 04:41 PM
im not sure either , if they want to communicate with you though , maybe there are issues they feel you could help them with ?

Deb
28-06-2009, 05:57 PM
there is such a thing as community minding, where you are paid by SS to care for children in crisis etc. I get referals from SNIPS (which is the local inclusion service) and I also am listed to work with Care2Learn which is a plan for young mothers (under 16) to return to school.

CCJD
28-06-2009, 07:54 PM
In our borough you can register to do "community minding" where social services place (and pay) for you to mind children either in emergencys or as part of respite care etc. However you need to be a part of the local childminders network to do this. In our area to join the network you need to sign up to offer either community childcare or accredited childcare (so that parents can use you for their free pre-school sessions.

I would get in touch with your local NCMA lady who runs your network - I am sure she can point you in the right direction.

It may be that social services are involved with your mindees and are having to work out some extra care for the kids which they would cover - or they may just want some information from you regarding the children.

Good luck.

Mollymop
28-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I have had a few enquiries from SS but I haven't been able to fill them. Not sure the ins and outs to be honest, but my CM friend does. I know that they arrange a day to bring the child and then they, SS pick up and drop off, I would also charge them extra. They "need" you more than you need them after all and it is only temp.

I will consider doing it in the future.

I know many on the forum that have the SS experience, so hope you get pleny more help on the matter xxx