PDA

View Full Version : One door shuts...

balloon
28-06-2009, 08:41 AM
and lots of windows open!

I sadly had to terminate a contract 2 weeks ago. I lost a little girl I really liked and a lot of money a month (and I mean a lot!!!) but negotiations had reached a stalemate.

Within 2 hours of me writing her notice I had an successful enquiry for a LO for one day a week definite and other days ad hoc. Last week another LO (7 yrs) signed up for ad hoc.

On Friday I had a call from a parent wanting provision for 2 children on 2 days. They will be here in half an hour for an interview. I'm really glad I don't get nervous any more, lol!

If the parent wants me I'm going to have to apply for a variation for an overlap but I can't see that there will be a problem as it's only one day a week for a few hours.

If they take me I will be full again, in fact more than full if variation allows. I'm wondering if sometimes things happen for a reason...

Anyway, fingers crossed for me please.

miffy
28-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Good luck this morning - I hope you get the job.

Miffy xx

Blackhorse
28-06-2009, 08:44 AM
good luck with it!!
fingers crossed it will all work out..

I also think things happen for a reason so I am sure it'll be ok..

I hope the same will be true for me soon!!

Daddy Day Care
28-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Good luck but im sure you wont need it.

Hope the interview goes well

Gareth
xx

ORKSIE
28-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm a great believer in fate. Hope all goes well:)

cherry pink
28-06-2009, 08:50 AM
good luck, you know what they say childminding is like waiting for a bus , none come along then all of a sudden it goes nuts, have just gone thru similar in the last few months.

sarah707
28-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.

Hope it goes well today! :D

grindal
28-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm sure these things happen for a reason. Back in March i signed up a little girl to start in june and on the same day was asked to look after a little biy until June! The little girls parents gave notice last week and little boys mum said she would love to have me back!
Hope all your new signings make you happy :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

ajs
28-06-2009, 09:26 AM
fingers are well and truly crossed for you

Twinkles
28-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Good luck :thumbsup:

HENNY
28-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm sure things happen for a reason-good luck with the interview!:thumbsup:

balloon
28-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks everybody. :)

She signed on the dotted line and I'm having the baby 2 full days a week and the older child one full day a week with a variation request to be put in for the other full day. Fingers crossed OFSTED will say yes as it will mean I have 4 under 5 for one day a week (does this come under continuation of care anybody?)

Now I've gained back all I lost monetarily speaking and have a gorgeous LO to care for.

Now to go up to the loft and dig out all the baby stuff again. :)

Fingers crossed for you too Nicole :)

Demonjill
28-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Thats fab, well done.

Awww baby stuff lol:blush:

fingers x with the variation:thumbsup:

tinkerbelle
29-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks everybody. :)

She signed on the dotted line and I'm having the baby 2 full days a week and the older child one full day a week with a variation request to be put in for the other full day. Fingers crossed OFSTED will say yes as it will mean I have 4 under 5 for one day a week (does this come under continuation of care anybody?)

Now I've gained back all I lost monetarily speaking and have a gorgeous LO to care for.

Now to go up to the loft and dig out all the baby stuff again. :)

Fingers crossed for you too Nicole :)

hi you could request it as mum wants to keep her 2 kids together and no minders can accomodate :thumbsup: good luck with it

Gizmo
29-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Well done glad its all working out for you :thumbsup:

Playmate
29-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Well done.
Hope you have more luck with your variation than I'm having. Applied for one 6 wks ago to start last week. Have not heard a dicky bird :angry: phoned ofsted, they said it had been forwarded to the inspection team and to write again, which I have and still nothing! they will be getting another phone call tomorrow! fortunately I have had a child off sick and 1 on holiday,so at the moment I'm ok.

jibberjitz
29-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Fab news :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Trouble
30-06-2009, 12:36 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: