PDA

View Full Version : signed up for Scheme of Excellence

Blackhorse
27-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I was on an information evening last monday for the scheme of excellence and I have signed up for it.
Course will start in mar/apr 2010 and will last just under 1 year.
good thing is that it is funded so don't need to pay for it.

just need to get some mindees now as you need to have 6 months experience as childminder to be able to attend the course...

anyone here done it??

grindal
27-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Havent you missed the first 4 months then? :eek:

Blackhorse
27-06-2009, 09:22 PM
meant to say 2010...oops

Pudding Girl
28-06-2009, 08:02 AM
I started it last year but had to pull out due to evening shiftowrking minding :(

was on a wildcard for this years one but it's been cancelled due to lack of funding in our area :panic:

hopefully will manage it next year.

I hadn't been minding 6m when I started mine, didn't know this was a requirement, although there was a unit that included reflecting on your last inspection type thing, so maybe that's why?

Blackhorse
28-06-2009, 08:40 AM
well I hope you can manage to get back on it.

We were told the reason for wanting 6 months experience is that they want you to reflect a lot on what you do etc...

how did you find the course?
I found that we didn't really get told enough about the contents of the course ..although what they said sounded interesting so I thought I'll do it as it will be good to have some childminding qualification..

amr
28-06-2009, 03:24 PM
hi Nicole

i completed the SoE in 2006, it's a good qualification to have - and it's one that the Care Commission ask you about in your annual return so it ticks a box for them which is always good :thumbsup:

you're right regarding the 6 months thing, it's so that you can reflect on, and use, your childminding experience to complete the units
i really enjoyed the course and would recommend it if you have the time to do it
basically it is made up of 4 units:
professional approach
meeting the needs of children
environment
partnership with parents
and you have assignments and key tasks for each unit

....good luck, hope you enjoy it :)

George ......hope you manage to get back onto the course :) it's a shame about the lack of funding :panic: