PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted email

uf353432
27-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I sent 2 emails to Ofsted in April and have just have notification today that they have deleted both emails without reading :eek:

I used the enquiries@Ofsted address.

Is there a better email address to use for Ofsted?

Now I know why I didn't get a response from them until I phoned, and its a good job I sent a letter in follow up.

Can't beleive they would just delete emails without reading though, a bit shocked!!!

Hebs
27-06-2009, 12:13 PM
i'd complain :eek:

sarah707
27-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I've had a few problems getting emails to go through recently.

it's not Ofsted that delete them, it's your service provider when they don't manage to deliver them within a certain length of time.

trouble is I prefer their answers in writing so I have something if I'm ever questioned. I just keep sending until I get a reply.

That's the only address I know I'm afraid :D

bibby76
27-06-2009, 01:30 PM
i had an email this morning saying exactly the same!!!

couldnt believe it!

uf353432
27-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Sarah

I'm not sure it is the service provider. Its a notification from a read receipt - not a notifcation from the service provider saying they could deliver and so gave up. This is definately someone manually deleting at Ofsted because again its not something that is automated. Asked my very clever IT husband and he concurs :laughing:

Debs

Deb
27-06-2009, 03:15 PM
just a thought and probably unlikely but - sometimes you can read a full email in a preview pain, especially on outlook - and then delete it; the read reciept comes back as unread.

sarah707
27-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Ahhh! In that case I'd have a word with them.

Mine came back as undelivered as if their mailbox was full then eventually my provider deleted them but if Ofsted are doing that then it's really not on is it? :(

Mummits
28-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I sent 2 emails to Ofsted in April and have just have notification today that they have deleted both emails without reading :eek:

I used the enquiries@Ofsted address.

Is there a better email address to use for Ofsted?

Now I know why I didn't get a response from them until I phoned, and its a good job I sent a letter in follow up.

Can't beleive they would just delete emails without reading though, a bit shocked!!!

I've just had 2 emails deleted unread from last October - Ofsted must be having a clear out! Perhaps they have heard they are about to be deleted themselves!

Buzz Lightyear
28-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Perhaps they have heard they are about to be deleted themselves!

HUH?!?!?!??!!? :eek:

Blackhorse
28-06-2009, 11:56 AM
just a thought and probably unlikely but - sometimes you can read a full email in a preview pain, especially on outlook - and then delete it; the read reciept comes back as unread.

yes this is the case..happened in our office quite a lot. the problem is though that if they read it surely they should have sent a reply..not just read and bin them..

I would complain to them...